im thinking about building a Fender J bass and im wondering what bridge manufactures are good, i was looking at a Hipshot A style which looks pretty good so far, but i wanted more imput. im really a guitar player but ever since i started playing bass for my schools jazz band ive become really fond of the bass, so i could use some help with what to buy.
Last edited by hermit92 at Mar 28, 2011,
What kind of money are you planning on spending? The Gotoh Fender replacments are highly praised as great "bang for buck" bridges around here, the Hipshots are also damn decent bridges. The Leo Quan BadAss II is an awesome bridge but imo a tad overpriced.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
well i didnt wanna spend too too much, im going to get a body and neck from Warmoth and im also gonna buy fender noiseless pickups too. so i might be spending at least 800 all together
Probably the Gotoh then. They can be had for about $30.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Well; we were discussing on another forum the merits of the Babicz Full Contact bridge, which is a drop-in replacement for classic Fender Jazz and Precision bridges:

The general consensus was that it is definitely worth considering. I will almost certainly be dropping one of these onto my MIA Fender FSR Jazz in the near future.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I think the Gotoh and the Babicz are definitely the way to go. Most hipshots aren't drop in replacements for fender and require new holes to be drilled and the Leo Quan badass is getting to be as rare as hen's teeth and will soon have a price tag to match. In all fairness the Babicz looks like it could destroy a BAII
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.