I want a Tremolo Pedal. Something that can generally do basic, vintage Tremolo stuff with the possibility of doing more spacey/psychedelic stuff as well. I've narrowed it down to 2 so far:

BOSS TR-2 (Apparantly, the newer ones have the volume drop fixed)
Earthquaker Devices Hummingbird (I've heard rumors of a volume drop, is this so?)

In short, a basic quality Tremolo that can go into outer space if I want it to.

-Major Bludd
I really enjoy my Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter. Lots of features and sounds great.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
@LaidBack, he said he had it narrowed down to the two above. Your point is probably moot. MajorBludd probably already tried it. Out of the two, I like the Boss myself. I'm a Boss man through and through
It's not just about what Pedal I want, but about the room I have left on my Pedalboard. (About enough for 1 more BOSS-sized pedal) Work with me here, folks! haha
I live by the tr2. Find it better than the empress tremolo I own.

I've modded 3 of them and really need to get one myself...
mojostompboxes.com
Is there any truth to the reported volume drop with the Hummingbird? And can this pedal be used for regular Tremolo sounds as well as spacey stuff? The YouTube demos make it seem incredible.
I really like the Red Witch Pentavocal trem. Mine's getting repaired at the moment. Check them out though.
Check out the Valco Good Vibrations from the new line of pedals from Eastwood Guitars, it's a fantastic wee tremolo. Cannot recommend it enough.
Oh another one I was looking at when I was looking for a tremolo was the Cusack Tap-A-Whirl.
TR-2 is a great pedal on the cheap. The Dano Cool Cat Trem is also a pretty great pedal for the price. The Hummingbird is really cool, but is pretty much only square-wavey, so keep that in mind.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Square-Wavey? I has a dumb, sorry. Does that mean it won't do simple or regular Trem? Just crazy stuff?
It's modeled after the Vox Repeat Procussion IRRC, which is a really cool device but it only has the harder trem sound instead of allowing for a smoother waveform as well. The depth can be changed of course, but the waveform remains the same whereas other pedals may allow for switching between sine, square, sawtooth, etc waveforms

For example, at the highest depth it would either be at max volume or no volume, instead of fading in between.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Apr 2, 2011,
That's probably a better way to do it
Board: