I've played through one of the older models, pre-decade setting, so I can't comment on that, but the amp itself is top notch. Tons of good old EL34 marshall tone. It has a really responsive EQ, but it's still pretty simple to find lots of usable tones, doesn't require hours of tweaking like a lot of modern amps. My cousin had one that I used to play a lot, I was sad when he sold it.

Here is a link to a demo he recorded of his.
LINK
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV
Quote by ATLstang
I've played through one of the older models, pre-decade setting, so I can't comment on that, but the amp itself is top notch. Tons of good old EL34 marshall tone. It has a really responsive EQ, but it's still pretty simple to find lots of usable tones, doesn't require hours of tweaking like a lot of modern amps. My cousin had one that I used to play a lot, I was sad when he sold it.

Here is a link to a demo he recorded of his.
LINK

How much head room does it have? Do you remember how good it cleans up with the volume knob?

Thanks!
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
How much head room does it have? Do you remember how good it cleans up with the volume knob?

Thanks!

It cleaned up really well. The particular one that I've played with was modded by Ben to be really responsive to the volume knob though. That's one of the cool things about Fargen, is that if you don't completely like something about the amp or want to add a feature you can get it worked on and tweaked to your liking.

As far as headroom, it's not a fender, but you can get some gig volume cleans without a problem.
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV