...so, searching for some info on a new bass by looking at old Ibanez catalogues... i came across the Ibanez Talman guitar:

Anyone have one of these?

I LOOOOOVE the Fender Toronado-esque (to a lesser extent, Jazzmaster/Jaguar) look of them!!!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
one of the guys from explosions in the sky plays one, and in my opinion it i the ugliest guitar
Yet you fail to post the only Talman-style guitar that matters...

The Ibanez PGM900:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yet you fail to post the only Talman-style guitar that matters...

The Ibanez PGM900:

Mmmmmm.... that with P90's and i'm sold
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I have the Talman TC820 FM. These are one of the more rare ones. It has P90's like humbucker, flaming maple and alder with transparent butterscotch finish and a maple neck. The tone on these things are amazing, really good for punk or anything that requires vintage vibe. They're also really good for souther rock though I use it for folk metal :P as it has that distortion tone I enjoy
Quote by Woffelz
Those things are f*cking ugly...

Different stroke. Don't act like a **** about it
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Doesn't Noodles from Offspring have his own model?

I recall them coming out and not having enough spare cash at the time - I think I'd get one if I happen to see one in the future...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
^ I know he used one, not a fan but I end up knowing these things.

They come up on craigslist every few weeks for like $200-$500 depending on if the person thinks he's got a vintage secret or realizes it's a nice 90's guitar that just looks different
The Resoncast ones sound pretty nice, but not quite as good as the solid wood ones. I don't own one, but I was going to buy one not long ago.
I'm pretty sure most of them are resoncast, except the highest end ones. Either way they're very nice.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 29, 2011,
Quote by littlephil
The Resoncast ones sound pretty nice, but not quite as good as the solid wood ones. I don't own one, but I was going to buy one not long ago.
I'm pretty sure most of them are resoncast, except the highest end ones. Either way they're very nice.

I think all Talmans before 1995 were resoncast and the ones after 95 were solid wood. I don't know, you'd have to do more research on that. And if I'm not mistaken, my Talman has an Alder body and a flaming Maple top.
I have a TC530BK since 96. It's an amazing value guitar and I find myself holding on to it and liking it's neck profile and fingerboard a lot. The neck is a nice birdseyed maple, which seems like a higher grade than the budget on this guitar suggested.
Some things are better left buried in history
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
@Woffelz - What do you mean by ugly? Have you tried one? You don't like it aesthetically? Send us a pic of your girlfriend so we may understand what you mean...