*Erects flame shield..*

Okay, I know, the MT2 is a pretty bad pedal, and the Twin Reverb shouldn't do metal, especially using a Classic 50's Strat...but...

It kinda worked? By no means am I saying it was awesome, or even good, but it wasn't terrible. The sustain was pretty awesome, the EQ made it sound typically metal (Mid scoop, bass and treb up), and for a Fender amp it was pretty good!

Has anyone had anything else like this? Not just this equiptment, just with anything that in theory "shouldn't" work?
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
Bassman/Delay/Chorus/Overdrive....Does a Great RUSH tone! but i dont do that often...usually after several sessions of listening to alot of RUSH...i build up a pedal chain which i dub the Alex Lifeson Chain...then it gets all taken down once I calm down!

Not a fan of Rush, but that sounds pretty Epic! God I love Fenders
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
Bassman/Delay/Chorus/Overdrive....Does a Great RUSH tone! but i dont do that often...usually after several sessions of listening to alot of RUSH...i build up a pedal chain which i dub the Alex Lifeson Chain...then it gets all taken down once I calm down!

Probably because he used Marshalls, and the Bassman is the amp that Jim Marshall used to devise the first Marshalls.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I wouldn't think that as an impossibility at all. Even without the MT-2, you could get the early 80's metal sound with twin reverb, but hey nice find. Anyway, mids scooped metal sound.. I am really not a fan of that stuff :P
At the local guitar store, I plugged a Gibson LP studio straight to a MXR Distortion III pedal and then to a Fender Deluxe (40 watt) and with some adjusts to EQ, I had completely covered all the needs for distortion that I need. An EQ pedal thrown there and it would've been probably really good.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

One of these days I'm going to pick up a silverface Bassman and mod it. They're always popping up in my GC.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Sakke
I wouldn't think that as an impossibility at all. Even without the MT-2, you could get the early 80's metal sound with twin reverb, but hey nice find. Anyway, mids scooped metal sound.. I am really not a fan of that stuff :P
At the local guitar store, I plugged a Gibson LP studio straight to a MXR Distortion III pedal and then to a Fender Deluxe (40 watt) and with some adjusts to EQ, I had completely covered all the needs for distortion that I need. An EQ pedal thrown there and it would've been probably really good.

Are you joking about the metal tone with a Twin? It doesn't distort at all, so..?

But it is fairly nice sound, gives me hope if I ever buy a high gain pedal for the Twin
Quote by DeadlySurfer
Are you joking about the metal tone with a Twin? It doesn't distort at all, so..?

But it is fairly nice sound, gives me hope if I ever buy a high gain pedal for the Twin

Oh you caught me, such a shame..
If you want a nice high gain sound, I'd rather suggest a new amp, but since you've got that kind of an amp, maybe if I dwelled myself into distortion pedals I could have more information for you, but for now I'd suggest Keeley-modded pedals, they're really nice, especially the modded DS-1 and TS808, I've heard the TS live through the Deluxe amp I talked about earlier, it sounded really nice and quite metal indeed. But well, the guitar was a Jackson with SD JB on bridge and SH-2 on neck, so I guess that the JB gave it some extra punch.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Oh you caught me, such a shame..
If you want a nice high gain sound, I'd rather suggest a new amp, but since you've got that kind of an amp, maybe if I dwelled myself into distortion pedals I could have more information for you, but for now I'd suggest Keeley-modded pedals, they're really nice, especially the modded DS-1 and TS808, I've heard the TS live through the Deluxe amp I talked about earlier, it sounded really nice and quite metal indeed. But well, the guitar was a Jackson with SD JB on bridge and SH-2 on neck, so I guess that the JB gave it some extra punch.

Thank God you were joking!

Yeah, I'm not a metal player, my band does Alt Rock, so I just wanted to see how it would sound. I've heard good things from people getting good hard rock tones frmo Twins, so it's good
MT2 is actually pretyt usable when followed with a good EQ pedal. And the Twin is a great clean platform, so really not surprising

Quote by DeadlySurfer

I think the added a master reverb in 72. With preamp volume up, and humbuckers, it can get pretty hairy.
Quote by denied
MT2 is actually pretyt usable when followed with a good EQ pedal. And the Twin is a great clean platform, so really not surprising

I think the added a master reverb in 72. With preamp volume up, and humbuckers, it can get pretty hairy.

Wow, the first guy not to hate on the MT2? I think I'll take it to band practise, take it up to 6, and watch their reactions...

Everyone says you can't do metal on a Fender, but I think with the right pedal and an EQ, you can. You tame the bad frequencies, and it's all good. Good enough for me anyway, as I'm not a metal head, just need some heavy stuff for the band

And true, but I assumed he meant the RI, with no mater
My example is that my ds-1 isactually sorta usable when i run it into my sd-1 then into my amp. It has a cool sound almost like a big muff with the treble boosted
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Recommended threads
Oathbreaker
Vandals572
Last post:
by robnewland
merca systems
liam177lewis
Last post:
by Mosef Lukk