So it took me three months to narrow down an amp, initially thinking I wanted a 6505+.

But after trying the jet city's, I was sold. My question is, is the 22 loud enough for small shows? What's the price and release on this model?

I could buy the 50 used for$ 400. But its been retubed with ruby 6l6s entirely. Since its new at $500 I think im better off just getting it new right?

Any reason to get the 100 watt head over either of those?
The only reason I'd get the 100W is for the bigger, tighter bottom end. Volume isn't a factor with any of those - they'll all be more or less the same.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
how did you go from a metal machine of an amp too a hard rock one? I love the Jet City's and I want the 6262(6505 rip off at cheaper price).
What's your budget? I'm going to guess it was close to $1100 considering the first amp you mentioned. In light of that, I would recommend the JCA100HDM, instead of the other models you listed. The 100HDM has a couple extra features over the Standard 100H that I personally think are neat: 50w/100w switch and an extra knob (can't remember if it's Presence or something else).

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--JETJCA100HDM
Good luck finding one.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Paying extra for a depth knob alone seems a bit silly.

The 50/100 switch is useless because you can accomplish the same thing by just pulling two tubes and halving the impedance (also why buy a 100W just to neuter it? get a 50 if that's what you want - the volume is the same) and the metal grille and blue LED are both totally unnecessary.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bAngiel01
What's your budget? I'm going to guess it was close to $1100 considering the first amp you mentioned. In light of that, I would recommend the JCA100HDM, instead of the other models you listed. The 100HDM has a couple extra features over the Standard 100H that I personally think are neat: 50w/100w switch and an extra knob (can't remember if it's Presence or something else).

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--JETJCA100HDM
Good luck finding one.

i know it has a depth knob
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
if you can afford the 100 get the 100. the only reason to get the 22 is if you need to move it a lot.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by bubb_tubbs
The only reason I'd get the 100W is for the bigger, tighter bottom end.

This, plus with the 100w you get more headroom and better cleans at higher volumes. Though with the 50w version you don't have to turn it up as high to get to its shining point.

But if I were you I'd save the extra dollars and get the JCA100HDM, which has a 50/100 watt switch, plus a depth knob and a metal grill (instead of that ass-ugly blue bezel that comes stock with the 100h and 50h heads).
I'd say the JCA50 if they ever put out a Depth Mod for it, otherwise the 100HDM. I love Jet City amps, but I can admit that they could really use some more bottom end control, and that Depth Mod delivers.
The Blue cover can be replaced for $25 at most from their website - any color you want, red,white,blue,black, or metal grill. The HDM is $150 more for a blue LED and a Depth knob.

Theres a big price differential in the 50w ($500 new) to the 100HDM ($799). I could buy a used Mesa Single Rec from effing GUITAR CENTER for $800. So once, again UG - lets answer questions asked rather than getting gear boners.

Is the 22w going to be loud enough to play small shows with if its poweringa 4x12? Anyone find pricing info for when this thing hits?

Is the 50w loud enough for small-med sized shows? I've never owned/played a 50w head before.

100w is definitely loud enough for anything I'll ever want to do - but too loud for daily/weekly use, or even normal band practice - so if I don't have to get it, I'd rather not..not to mention for the price of a new one it opens up my options to a lot of other stuff again. (very hard to find these amps used by me since they are a new company).
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Mar 28, 2011,
well listen what is your budget.

Quote by AcousticMirror
well listen what is your budget.

I have as much as I want to spend - but I have to buy a cab as well. Right now I have $300 from selling a guitar and $100 from selling a Line6 Ux1. So $400 for a head right now, without investing further money. I have a Line 6 2x12 + FBV Shortboard I'd like to sell/trade in as well (probably could get ~150-200 for).

So lets say that I have $550 for a head right now.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
The Blue cover can be replaced for $25 at most from their website - any color you want, red,white,blue,black, or metal grill. The HDM is $150 more for a blue LED and a Depth knob.

Trust me, replacing the grill is NOT as easy as it sounds (I did it with my JCA100h). You have to take the chassis out, drill holes in the casing, and provide your OWN SCREWS. That's right, the grill ships with NOTHING. No installation instructions, no manual, no screws, and no replacement logo. You have to take the old logo off of your old blue bezel and either Velcro or superglue it on (that's right, no screw holes for the logo either!). It is a royal f**king pain in the ass to install. Trust me, it's worth the $150 extra dollars for that grill and those extra features.

The 22h would easily be loud enough for gigs, but I don't think you'd be satisfied if you plan to use it for metal playing. If you wish to play any metal beyond 1890's, get the 50 or 100 watters.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
I have as much as I want to spend - but I have to buy a cab as well. Right now I have $300 from selling a guitar and $100 from selling a Line6 Ux1. So $400 for a head right now, without investing further money. I have a Line 6 2x12 + FBV Shortboard I'd like to sell/trade in as well (probably could get ~150-200 for).

So lets say that I have $550 for a head right now.

well for 550 the 22 can't be beat. if you have a chance to get a used 50 though, i'd snap it up for around that price if you are set on jet city.

you'll get more out of 2 6l6s in the long run then you will out of 2 el84s.

Quote by Seref
I'd say the JCA50 if they ever put out a Depth Mod for it, otherwise the 100HDM. I love Jet City amps, but I can admit that they could really use some more bottom end control, and that Depth Mod delivers.

Fja offers the depth mod for $75.
if you can get a used Jet City JCA50 with your budget, jump on it. but if not, then the JCA22H is still good because the second channel is the SLO circuit. (as far as i know)
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
Quote by AcousticMirror
well for 550 the 22 can't be beat. if you have a chance to get a used 50 though, i'd snap it up for around that price if you are set on jet city.

you'll get more out of 2 6l6s in the long run then you will out of 2 el84s.

For $550 I can get either the 50w new or used or the 100w though w/ trade ins, guitar center coupons/etc.

These heads are pretty cheap at used $400 - 50w w/ 6l6s/white grill, new $500 - 50w, new $650 - 100w

The 22 won't be more than $400 when it comes out though, because the 20 is $250.
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Mar 28, 2011,
well what was the problem from before about the new prices? if you can get the 100 watt for less then 800 used you should do that. if you get up near 1000 there's a lot of other options.

but for other 500 the 100 is a good bet.

Quote by Ian_the_fox
If you wish to play any metal beyond 1890's,

What?! I know what you meant though

Quote by AcousticMirror
well what was the problem from before about the new prices?

did they bump up the prices or something? hope not
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Last edited by JAHellraiser at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Trust me, replacing the grill is NOT as easy as it sounds (I did it with my JCA100h). You have to take the chassis out, drill holes in the casing, and provide your OWN SCREWS. That's right, the grill ships with NOTHING. No installation instructions, no manual, no screws, and no replacement logo. You have to take the old logo off of your old blue bezel and either Velcro or superglue it on (that's right, no screw holes for the logo either!). It is a royal f**king pain in the ass to install. Trust me, it's worth the $150 extra dollars for that grill and those extra features.

The 22h would easily be loud enough for gigs, but I don't think you'd be satisfied if you plan to use it for metal playing. If you wish to play any metal beyond 1890's, get the 50 or 100 watters.

That doesn't sound like too hard of a job to me from what you described. I would have just assumed you'd want to take the chassis out and do some drilliing and screwing.

The JCA100 would be fine. The 50 would be worth considering. What you really need to do is find a used Splawn going for the right price.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification