So the other day, I bought this chicken from hyvee, and i didn't realize what the due date was. So 3 days after it was supposed to be cooked (it started to smell a little funny) i throw it in the crock pot and set it on high for 5 hours.

I get back from class, and my roommates are complaining because the apartment smells like ammonia and rotten eggs, lol. It didn't seem that bad to me, though, so I ate a couple legs, and I didn't get sick.

So now, I'm thinking that no matter how old/rotten/e. coli-infested the meat is, if you cook it in the crock pot long enough, it should sterilize it and make it edible, right?

Is this correct logic?
Where's that fake Mad TV commercial at...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Can always test if it's safe on one of your young'ins.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Just because it worked one time doesn't mean it always will...
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
No, you can still get sick. Not all food related illness is bacteria related. There is still the possibility of mould spores, more advanced viruses and what have you that will **** your day up even after cooking for a while.
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Roadkill cafe, only in america folks

http://www.road-kill-cafe.com/roadkill.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
This, folks, is called natural selection.

And no, it's not safe to eat.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
The meat is more sweet when it's flattened on the street.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
you know you're in college when...
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Eating off meat doesn't only make you ill due to the normal bacteria (E. coli and the like). Toxins released by bacteria are unlikely to be destroyed by heating, and will make you ill. Also, there are a fair few forms of bacteria and viruses, as well as cyst-borne parasites, that won't be destroyed by heating.

Plus, food loses it's nutritional value as it rots as the nutrients are used by bacteria and detritus-feeders. Not only can you get ill by eating off meat, but there can be literally no reason to do so because it has no value to the body.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Shame you didn't ask here before you ate it, we would have egged you on.
Quote by Moggan13

FUCK YEAH GHERKIN PALS!!

Yeah, I use a Squier Strat.
if my mom decides to cook some odd chinese stew, and leaves it out overnight, should anybody be eating it the day after? :S
Quote by piratemetalhead
if my mom decides to cook some odd chinese stew, and leaves it out overnight, should anybody be eating it the day after? :S

No one should be eating Chinese food ever, period.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ