Hey everyone,

To start I dont have any professional equipment or whatnot, I have an Ibanez GSR-200 and a Fender Rumble 75 in terms of gear.

I won't bother with settings, but when I play a band like Rush I like to turn up my treble and play on my stock Jazz pickup so it sounds more like Geddys tone. The only problem is theres this electronic buzz/hiss in the background coming from my amp.

Is this an issue of settings on my bass or amp, or would I need to get a header or some form of compressor to fix/lessen the amount of hissing coming from the amp.

Thanks.
You can always try a noisegate.
Gear:
Ibanez SRX-365
MIM Fender Jazz Bass
Yamaha B50-115ii
Boss CS-3
you'll most always get some hum from a single coil, but it shouldn't be noticable when you're actually playing and I tend to not notice it in a band setting at all.

A compressor would make it worse, too.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
as gilly said; those buzzes you hear when your isolated go away (more like hide) in the band mix.
<Insert Witty Comment Here>

1981 Fender Lead I Seymour Duncan humbucker, Mesa BoogieIIIRectifer, MKIIRhodes,PRS
The Boss ME-20B has a noise cancel that works well on my GTX-50. I think thats a noise gate....
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
You can easily tell if it's the amp or the bass buzzing by simply unplugging it.

It could just be some mild speaker damage. My old band P.A was left in a cold practice place for too long and had an awful buzz to it, but as lionmute said, it was lost in the overall mix entirely.