I just got a used dean black bolt ml from amazon, and When I got it it was tuned 1 step down. If I tune the D down to a C, Will I have any problems?
I have a schecter hellraiser in standard, and I want this guitar in drop C.
You may need to do a minor set up due to the decreased tension on the neck, but other then that no damage will result.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by Jimboner23
What would I have to do to the neck? I really want this guitar in drop C.

Most likely, absolutely nothing.

For future reference: your guitar's neck might occasionally require some trussrod adjustments (especially when changing string gauge or significantly adjusting the tuning). You can tell by looking at the neck bow (ideally, it should curve away from the strings ever so slightly). If the neck isn't straight enough, you can fix this by adjusting the truss rod.

There are plenty of excellent tutorials online and really, it's not that difficult
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Damn I forgot to say it has a floyd rose trem. Should I just take it to a tech?
Quote by Jimboner23
Damn I forgot to say it has a floyd rose trem. Should I just take it to a tech?

Hell no!

You'll need to learn how to set up a Floyd eventually, so you might as well start learning now

Taking it to a tech so he can change the tuning from D standard to Drop C is an absolute waste of money. It's a matter of adjusting the springs, which is a bit 'hit and miss', but if you now how to handle a screw driver, you'll manage
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
If you mean it's in D standard and you just want to drop down to drop C then I don't think you should have any problem. Even with an FR, it shouldn't change the tension enough for a truss rod adjustment I'd say at most you might have to adjust the screws on the spring retainer for your trem to re-level the bridge.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Ok I tuned it to drop C, and I'm having a problem. When I play anything on the top 3 strings, I can hear a loud buzz. It sounds like its coming from the body and not the strings.
Did you rebalance the tremolo? The bridge probably dipped and lowered the action. Play each string down every fret (including an open string) and see if you can track it down to fret numbers. It could also be a loose screw at the bridge, nut or tuners.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
Did you rebalance the springs at the back like I mentioned? This should be done first as the height of the bridge can vary depending on that and could be causing your problem plus it's relatively simple to fix. After removing the plate on the back of your guitar that covers the tremolo springs you'll see there's a little "claw" screwed in at the neck end of the cavity with springs attached to the tremolo block. Tightening those screws will lower the bridge and loosening them will push it up, the idea is to balance it so it's parallel with the body of the guitar on the top side. You should slacken off the strings before playing with this, tune up to pitch and check for buzz and that the bridge is still level. It will take some trial and error.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212
Nah you'll be fine. Unless you want pull up on the tremelo just block it. You'll probably have to set the neck relief and the intonation but its pretty easy stuff to do.
Quote by nitestick
Did you rebalance the springs at the back like I mentioned? This should be done first as the height of the bridge can vary depending on that and could be causing your problem plus it's relatively simple to fix. After removing the plate on the back of your guitar that covers the tremolo springs you'll see there's a little "claw" screwed in at the neck end of the cavity with springs attached to the tremolo block. Tightening those screws will lower the bridge and loosening them will push it up, the idea is to balance it so it's parallel with the body of the guitar on the top side. You should slacken off the strings before playing with this, tune up to pitch and check for buzz and that the bridge is still level. It will take some trial and error.

I'll look at it as soon as I get home.
If it's only buzzing when you play an open note it is definitely a nut height problem.

There should be screws on or near your nut. If you can't find it, I would suggest googling.
Quote by Immora
If it's only buzzing when you play an open note it is definitely a nut height problem.

There should be screws on or near your nut. If you can't find it, I would suggest googling.

Depends where its buzzing... could be a nut problem, neck angle problem, bridge height problem, pickup height problem, etc...
Quote by Jimboner23
I just got a used dean black bolt ml from amazon, and When I got it it was tuned 1 step down. If I tune the D down to a C, Will I have any problems?
I have a schecter hellraiser in standard, and I want this guitar in drop C.

How would re-tuning your guitar give you any problems?
Quote by JonnyMonster91
How would re-tuning your guitar give you any problems?

It's a floating tremolo dude...

I just changed from B standard to D standard on my floating trem guitar today, took a fair bit of time because I had to balance the truss rod and spring tension, I also lowered my bridge pickup height a bit because I was getting rattle from the strings scraping it when I pull back on the bar.
My Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Bugera 6262-212