I've just stumbled upon Teisco guitars, the Spectrum 5 more specifically. As there don't appear to be many around that I can buy (and I've heard really bad reviews), I was thinking about making one. I can quite easily get the wood (mahogany) and "plank" neck which I can shape the headstock for, it's something which I think is more complicated that I'm having trouble with.

Basically, my LTD has a really nicely shaped thru-neck, in a way which your hand slides perfectly to the end of the neck for the high notes. I was hoping to achieve something similar to that with this, but without having to make the neck myself as I know it's a very complicated process. So what I thought was using wood glue to attach a neck to another plank of wood which would go through the body.

Would this hold the neck securely enough to shape the back of it, or would it not be a strong enough join to hold it all together??

This is the guitar, by the way.
Attachments:
images.jpg
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..
Could you sell your teisco to me?
Im serious . I will pay as much as I can.

please give me reply

thanks a lot!
Quote by basement4dolls
Could you sell your teisco to me?
Im serious . I will pay as much as I can.

please give me reply

thanks a lot!

You clearly didn't read the OP.

I have a Teisco in my garage that's been there waiting for me to restore for about three years.