i'm not sure if this is the correct thread so if not i apologise.
i am having a grounding problem with my G&L ASAT Special.
only had it a couple of days. already getting a horrible hum when not touching any metal parts.
all wiring seems to be fine and secure so i'm not sure what i'm supposed to be looking for, can anyone help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-j4VlPC41c&feature=BF&playnext=1&list=QL&index=1

this video show's in more detail.
Gear :
Blackstar HT Soloist 60
Blackstar HT212 Extension Cabinet
G&L ASAT Special Tribute
Cort KX5
Tanlgewood TD8 Acoustic
Kustom Practice Amp 10W Dart.
Boss DD7 Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Mapex QR Series Drum Kit
Seems like a wiring issue on the pickups? I think I remember you saying something about checking it in the video but I can't help but think so. Maybe double check?

Edit: Finished the video, and it looks like wiring is fine, but maybe it's just an issue with a pickup.
i checked the jack plug and the pots but i haven't had a look at the pups yet. like i say i'm not too sure where to look as i've not had this issue before
Gear :
Blackstar HT Soloist 60
Blackstar HT212 Extension Cabinet
G&L ASAT Special Tribute
Cort KX5
Tanlgewood TD8 Acoustic
Kustom Practice Amp 10W Dart.
Boss DD7 Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Mapex QR Series Drum Kit
Yeah, sorry to hear about your issue. I have a strong feeling it's just a faulty pickup but don't take my word for it since I've never had the issue either.
Go to the Guitar Building & Customising forum. In the stickies you'll find the hub. In the hub you'll find the Ultimate Wiring Thread. This has everything you need to know bro.

You need to shield that bad boy I'm guessing. Do you play in a room with fluorescent/low energy light bulbs, appliances, high-power apploances in next room etc.? Power cable running close to your amp/guitar lead/guitar body? These emit signals which will interfere with your guitar's. You need to stop them from entering your guitar by shielding it with copper tape and star-grounding it.

Google and the hub has everything you need to know on this topic.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
As stated above ^

Shielding issue.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you