Hey everyone, I can't seem to find something similar to this setup for a guitar in my price range no matter how hard I look. Could I get some advice on what to look at?

-24 Frets
-Neck thru or Set neck
-H.S.H. or H.H. Pickup Setup
-Made in Japan
-With Trem

$1000-1500USD with some wiggle room.

I tried looking into Ibanez, ESP, Caparison etc. and they just seem to be out of my price range or not similar enough to what I'd like to consider purchase. I'm in need of your help.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by pdxhwa at Mar 28, 2011,
only thing i can think of right now would be an ESP M-II
Thanks, but as much as I like it I'd like some more advice. I'm really looking forward to getting something like so in white-- but I'm fairly sure the M-II is only issued in black.
ESP horizon NT-II. You just have to price shop a little bit, or wait for sales. Then it will be under 1500.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
It's fine you wanting specific specs for your guitar, but taking it right down to the colour you need to have it in will limit your choices very greatly. Just keep that in mind.

Also you didn't say what genre of music you play?
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Quote by Cyngus
what body shape?

Really, anything that doesn't resemble a flying V, or the PRS potbelly shape. To give you an idea my dream guitar as far as aesthetics go is the Michael Romeo Signature by Caparison. --but I also really enjoy the exotic shapes that MIJ ESP guitars have like the Horizon III and the Antelope/Forest GT.
Quote by adstr123
It's fine you wanting specific specs for your guitar, but taking it right down to the colour you need to have it in will limit your choices very greatly. Just keep that in mind.

Also you didn't say what genre of music you play?

Power metal, neoclassical, progressive.
Quote by Cyngus
do you have a bridge preference?

Dmarzios or Seymour Duncans-- I also forgot to mention I have a fetish for H-S-H or H-H setups.
Quote by Cyngus
not pickups, (floyd, TOM, ect)?

Haha, oh god I feel retarded. Floyd, but just about anything works as long as I have my whammy
You might want to look into the Lâg A500st
only thing it's missing from your list is the ebony fretboard, it has rosewood.
and the neck, it's a bolt on ( but with the most superb neck acces ever I have to add)

It should be just within your price range.
Quote by Cyngus
http://stores.huntsmusic.com/-strse-1/Jackson-KE3--dsh--White/Detail.bok this seems to meet your specs, little less than $1000

It has a bolt on neck and a rosewood finger board. So no it does not meet his specs
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
^ SL3 had a rosewood fretboard, plus it's discontinued.

sls3 might work.

But (as i say below) i agree that he's probably narrowing things down way too much, and that's his problem.

Quote by adstr123

+1

I mean I generally know exactly what I want, but sometimes you have to leave a little bit of leeway if you're also sticking to a budget.

Allowing a wider range of colours, or a rosewood fretboard, or bolt-on or neck-thru neck, would give you a lot more options- things like an ESP MII, some of the japanese jacksons, Ibanez Prestige MIJ RGs etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by Arterial
really no takers for my idea? neck-thru, 24 frets, ebony fretboard, H-H and MIJ.

Well the closest thing I can find right now is a Ibanez RGA72TQME only thing it doesn't check on your list is the fingerboard ( rosewood ).

I will do a bit more research tomorow and get back to you.
yeah, sls3 or slsmg would be the two which satisfy everything you want. SLS3 if it needs to be available in white.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The SLS3 looks great but I'm trying to find one with a floyd rose or some other trem system. I know i'm being picky here, so I guess anything neck thru, MIJ, HH/HSH, 24 frets & a trem system. STill picky, but I guess a little more leway.
Last edited by pdxhwa at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by carlosyugui
Used Jackson SL2H

+1
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
Quote by siverstorm
That guitar is exactly what you want.
Down to the colour.

/fanboyism

Seems like you own one yourself, could you compare one to an ibanez prestige in terms of quality since they are around 1.5k as well?

Also, great looking guitar; I'm jealous. But I won't be soon.
I would say that a well built prestige is better than my Edwards, but I don't like Ibanez necks.

They are quite different.

The Edwards has a neck profile similar to the ESP Thin U profile which is thicker than an Ibanez neck.

They are both incredibly nice and well built guitars.
I can say i've never played a poorly made Ibanez Prestige (Poorly setup doesn't count) nor have I played a poorly made Edwards (and I have played a few a couple of years ago)
Quote by pdxhwa
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The SLS3 looks great but I'm trying to find one with a floyd rose or some other trem system. I know i'm being picky here, so I guess anything neck thru, MIJ, HH/HSH, 24 frets & a trem system. STill picky, but I guess a little more leway.

do you really need a trem? you'll play with it for 10 minutes and then won't touch it in a while.

fixed bridge all the way IMO.
Quote by pdxhwa

ah ok, you hadn't mentioned a trem up until this point

SL3MG might work, then.

FWIW, Edwardses aren't 100% MIJ. So if MIJ is important, you'd probably want to look elsewhere.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok, you hadn't mentioned a trem up until this point

SL3MG might work, then.

FWIW, Edwardses aren't 100% MIJ. So if MIJ is important, you'd probably want to look elsewhere.

Thanks alot, I appreciate it. I'm going to go for the Edwards or the SL3MG. I'll let you all know when one of the two gets here.
no problem
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Arterial
Jackson SLSMG or Jackson SLS3.

pretty sure sls3 has a fixed bridge if i remember correctly

*edit* i didn't realize there was a second page and this has already been covered.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Mar 29, 2011,