If there are any Guitar Rig users here i would really appreciate some help!

I can't seem to get rid of this fuzziness, i have tried many different combinations of distortion and amp types, i've tried using noise reduction and EQing but i can't seem to get rid of it. The only thing that does is reducing the gain but then obviously that also takes away the distortion i want.

This makes me think that it's the original guitar recording. I recorded it straight from my Zoom G1 effects pedal, with an absolutely clean sound and all eq settings on 0 with no FX or anything added. Playing back the original recording, it sounds fine and completely clean.

So i can't figure out where the problem lies. Any help? Anyone experienced this before? Btw, i am completely new to this so please excuse my lack of knowledge.
hmm, could we get a sample clip of both your distorted and your DI tone?

when you say absolutely clean, are you actually bypassing amp models or are you using a clean amp model? you'll want to do the first and use just your raw guitar sound.

if everything there is fine, it might just be your choice of guitar rig settings.
first, I suggest you use your own impulses. you'll get a much more realistic sound than the built-in cabinets can give.
don't overdo the gain too much. using a tubescreamer in front will help get you a heavier punchy tone. though it'll add a ton of noise too but that's not really an issue.
Quote by TechnicolorType
hmm, could we get a sample clip of both your distorted and your DI tone?

when you say absolutely clean, are you actually bypassing amp models or are you using a clean amp model? you'll want to do the first and use just your raw guitar sound.

if everything there is fine, it might just be your choice of guitar rig settings.
first, I suggest you use your own impulses. you'll get a much more realistic sound than the built-in cabinets can give.
don't overdo the gain too much. using a tubescreamer in front will help get you a heavier punchy tone. though it'll add a ton of noise too but that's not really an issue.

Hmm... I'm not sure if the FX pedal is bypassing the amp model or not (or if it can...), it sounded like it to me but i don't have that much experience in this. I'll upload clips so you can listen if you would be kind enough to check back this thread and thanks for the tips!
With those zoom pedals you got to use the cab emulator stage thing to get rid of that fuzz on most of the distortions. On the other models it can't be done because that's the way they are programmed. I suggest you go with another pedal to eliminate the fuzz.
Quote by 12Jim34
Hmm... I'm not sure if the FX pedal is bypassing the amp model or not (or if it can...), it sounded like it to me but i don't have that much experience in this. I'll upload clips so you can listen if you would be kind enough to check back this thread and thanks for the tips!
certainly.
no problem
I had a feeling someone would say that, listening back to it. I guess what i mean is, i want a 'cleaner' sounding distortion, without taking away the gain as doing that takes away the punch of the palm mutes. I want it to sound full and rich without there being lots of noise. This is hard to describe :/ ...
the clean sample sounds like it should I'd say. the only flaw is there's a little bit of noise behind it but that can be fixed easily.

but digital tones tend to have a muddy low end.

playing on the bridge pickup would help for rhythms.

just try some impulses and different amp sims too.