So I need advice folks. The other day I pulled the trigger on a Bugera BC-30 212 to have at home. I have a Vox AC30 at my bands practice space and I've always been able to crank it and get my tones with relative ease and when I tried out the Bugera I was able to crank it as well and again found some great tones. When I got it back to my apartment my landlord saw me unloading it from my car and reminded me that I cant be playing too loud. Now since my tones mostly come from the amp when its broken up and loud I was wondering if anyone new of any ways to get the same tones at apartment levels. I was thnking maybe a tubescreamer but I've never tried this and I dont wanna buy anything before I have some solid ideas, especially since I just paid for the amp. I appreciate any help folks, thanks.
Id reccomend going to a big guitar shop and trying a bunch of nice overdrive pedals through the same amp that youve got.
Or maybe an attenuator to get it broken up at lower levels? I dont know if that would really work.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You can try a Tube Screamer, definitely. Or you can try any of the dozens of overdrive pedals out there. If those still don't satisfy your need for good broken up tube saturation, then your last and best bet is an attenuator. The THD Hotplate comes highly recommended by many people, but I have no personal experience with attenuators. I have used a BOSS Super Overdrive and the OD on my ME-70 with my Valveking and Bugera 33XL212 to great success. Good Luck!
Ive got a Digitech Bad Monkey, if youre trying out tubescreamers give it aa try, you might like it and save yourself a ton of money
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Your best bet is an OD, as said above. It won't be possible to get tube breakup in an apartment. Don't bother with attenuator - they're pretty expensive, and they won't get you bedroom level breakup anyway.

Personally I'd recommend a Boss SD-1. They have a bit of a British feel which you'd probably like more than the American flavored tubescreamer. But as always, check them out for yourself.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X