Page 1 of 2
Just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for making electronica music, something along the lines of Deadmau5. Preferably a free program at least to start off with.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

People like Reaper for that I think.

unrelated but I ****ing hate deadmau5 and all of his fans.
The playground of the world
alright thanks regardless of your dislike of what I like.
The end of the world

Quote by Eddie4President

I hate you too.

It's not the program that will be the problem, it will be the plugins. Deadmau5 will use programs like ProTools/Logic Pro/Reason/Cubase etc with REALLY expensive plugins.

I use REAPER and use freeware synths.
alright thanks
The end of the world

Deadmau5 ain't electronica, it's more electro house if you ask me. Anyway Ableton is a wonderful program to create electro music (but you have to pay...or do you?)
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Yeah, try get a crack for logic or Ableton.

Then get used to the software before you worry about the plugins which will inevitably create the unique sound
i would also say try using FL studio really simple to get started expensive to buy, but that is what the internet is for
Quote by bendystraw
Fifty bucks says you're fat.
Quote by Eddie4President

^This.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Electronica does not mean electronic music, fyi.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Eddie4President

**** you too. deadmau5 is awesome.

Anyway, Fruity Loops?
I suggest ''the guitar''

It's a real instrument and it's much more rewarding than typing and clicking on a computer.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by bender424
I suggest ''the guitar''

It's a real instrument and it's much more rewarding than typing and clicking on a computer.

It's actually no different than composing music. If mozart had that attitude, he'd be about as famous as you.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by Eddie4President
As someone who loves Electronica (BoC, Plaid, and Ochre mainly), I strongly agree with this statement.
Quote by sloppyjoe24
It's actually no different than composing music. If mozart had that attitude, he'd be about as famous as you.
+1
Last edited by The Madcap at Mar 28, 2011,
I use Reaper, I don't take making techno* music as seriously as some people do, but it its still a blast and I do enjoy listening to a lot of it.

*Using the umbrella term, not the genre.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
Quote by bender424
I suggest ''the guitar''

Lol guitar noob. You do know you can use hardware as well?

I'm getting Ableton soon. It seems easy to use and there are loads of tutorials online.

Oh also, Deadmau5 is a prick.
Quote by The Madcap
As someone who loves Electronica (BoC, Plaid, and Ochre mainly), I strongly agree with this statement.+1

Umm, none of those artists have anything to do with house or anything deadmau5 does.

Just saying, if you were trying to post something vaguely electronic that you listen to in order to somehow validate your opinion on the matter, urdoinitwrong.

(also, IDM sucks ^_^)
Quote by jimmyled
What's with all the deadmau5 hate? He's a great artist.

I'm not having a go at his music, I'm having a go at him.

There are numerous stories of him being a prick, he has a massive ego and people who have worked with him also say he's a prick.

Example
Last edited by Duffman123 at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123

There are numerous stories of him being a prick, he has a massive ego and people who have worked with him also say he's a prick.

No reason to dislike his music. John Lennon was a massive tool too, for example.
Quote by creeping.death!
Well, he's kind of a dick from what I hear, though that's no reason to dis his music imo.

Exactly.
Quote by creeping.death!
Umm, none of those artists have anything to do with house or anything deadmau5 does.

Just saying, if you were trying to post something vaguely electronic that you listen to in order to somehow validate your opinion on the matter, urdoinitwrong.

(also, IDM sucks ^_^)
Mainly because he dabbles in those kind of genres and covers a lot of BoC.
Quote by jimmyled
No reason to dislike his music. John Lennon was a massive tool too, for example.

Nobody said they dislike his music, just that they dislike him. He's a good producer whenever he stays away from dubstep.
Quote by The Madcap
Mainly because he dabbles in those kind of genres and covers a lot of BoC.

Meh. I kinda understand where you're coming from, since he's not very good at those genres, or anything that isn't prog house for that matter (the dubstep part in Raise Your Weapon honestly makes me cringe, for example).
When he sticks to what he knows, though, he's probably one of the best producers around.
Last edited by creeping.death! at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123
Nobody said they dislike his music, just that they dislike him. He's a good producer whenever he stays away from dubstep.

Well, several people insinuated that. I personally think he's a great electronic artist.
Deadmau5 is like progressive house. Maybe (cracked) FL Studio?

edit: Deadmau5's dubstep is shit. But I heard Ferry Corsten do some awesome dubstep on the 500th epsiode of State of Trance on DI Radio that was sick yesterday.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by Duffman123

I'm getting Ableton soon. It seems easy to use and there are loads of tutorials online.

Lol, get ready to eat those words. I have used Logic Pro a lot, REAPER, Cubase and Reason... I just cannot work out Ableton.
Quote by creeping.death!
Meh. I kinda understand where you're coming from, since he's not very good at those genres, or anything that isn't prog house for that matter (the dubstep part in Raise Your Weapon honestly makes me cringe, for example).
When he sticks to what he knows, though, he's probably one of the best producers around.
Fair enough.
Quote by boreamor
Lol, get ready to eat those words. I have used Logic Pro a lot, REAPER, Cubase and Reason... I just cannot work out Ableton.

Maybe that's because you were used to the layout of the other ones before using Ableton

Ableton Live is aimed at having an easy lay out so it can be used live I thought.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by sloppyjoe24

AW SUH-NAAAP!

SUH-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
TS, I wouldnt use FL. You're not Skream. You won't make it sound good
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Duffman123

Example

No, he just said that he doesn't like DJ's who think that occasionally hitting mute or moving the crossfader between two songs constitutes an awesome remix. Im pretty sure that no one likes those kinds of people.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 2