Yeah, i've got no problem with young chinese kids.

Hilariously punny jokes aside, theres a debate raging ALL OVER my facebook home page of people telling me that euthansia is a terrible thing and should be banned and we should shudder at the mention of it.

What do ya'll think?

Inb4 can of worms pic
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Why are they called vegetables?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I actually got a good chuckle out of your pun.

I think that euthanasia is a topic I don't feel like discussing because I have no opinion over it.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
I'm all for it. People should mind their own fucking business.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I have had many a pet euthanized.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
nice pun.

i have no problem with euthanasia. however, unlike adoption, it's hard to draw the line. i would debate that it is okay with both the patient's consent and a friend/family member's consent, or if they are in too much pain to make such a decision, or to leave it to them ('accidently' telling a dying cancer patient an override code for a morphine drip). like i said though, it's hard to draw the line.
Quote by Kensai
I'm all for it. People should mind their own fucking business.

Oh btw, this is basically my opinion, however the response im getting is that it will hinder medical research. And we'll all be using square wheels on our cars and rolling in our own shit. Or something like that, cause we all know, that if you're ill, you should be codemend to a life of being a guinea pig
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If I ever live to an age where I - to put it in the words of my 95 year old great grandmother - feel like I'm "rotting on the inside" all day every day, I sure as hell want to have the freedom to choose to end my life when I damn well please to end it.

EDIT: I think I'm going to be a very cranky old man, if I make it to that age.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Mar 28, 2011,
It's okay if the patient is okay with it. If you've got tubes going into you, and you're never going to wake up, what's wrong with bringing you peace?
Quote by Spartan101400
It's okay if the patient is okay with it.

No shit, Otherwise it's murder.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
Oh btw, this is basically my opinion, however the response im getting is that it will hinder medical research.
Yes, because fortunes spent on needlessly and pointlessly keeping people alive for as long as humanly possible - and I'm even putting all issues regarding quality of life aside here - doesn't hinder medical research at all.
If it's a voluntary, I'm all for it. That's their choice and has no effect on you, unless you're a friend or relative of them, which in that case think of it as the end of suffering and that their peaceful now.

Also, how the hell did that argument come about? The people you're arguing with don't seem very intelligient
Quote by ZeGuitarist
Yes, because fortunes spent on needlessly and pointlessly keeping people alive for as long as humanly possible - and I'm even putting all issues regarding quality of life aside here - doesn't hinder medical research at all.

Ain't you a Doctor? or studying to be one anyway?

Because if so, thanks for that, now people might understand.
Quote by ZanasCross

Quote by cliff_em_all
No shit, Otherwise it's murder.

being arrogant and naive just doesn't go together. it exists in EDIT: a lot of euthanasia cases.
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by cliff_em_all
Ain't you a Doctor? or studying to be one anyway?

Because if so, thanks for that, now people might understand.
First master's year now, so yes, in a few years I will be.

And like I said, I didn't even say anything about quantity vs. quality of life considerations.

EDIT: Also, using chronic patients as "guinea pigs" for medical research? Am I reading that right? Whoever came up with that needs MRI to check if their brain is still there.
Yes. Why? Because I am liberal, except for situations when the government needs to interfere (like the markets).
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by laid-to-waste
being arrogant and naive just doesn't go together. it exists in EDIT: a lot of euthanasia cases.

This is about Euthanasia, not Involutary Euthanasia, which is entirely illegal except for one place i believe
Quote by ZanasCross

So, if someone would have died without a machine, is unplugging the machine murder? I mean, they would have already died if it weren't for the machine so the machine is far more unnatural than pulling the plug, but they are a veggie so they are unable to consent.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
If they're cool with it, and whoever has to pull the plug is too, then its cool.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.
If people have a right to choose how they live, then they have a right to choose how to die.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by LastSlayerKing
If they're cool with it, and whoever has to pull the plug is too, then its cool.
Basically this.

It gets way more iffy when the person in question can't consent to death. Somebody who is severely intellectually disabled, for instance. Or if someone was born with a defect that will cause them horrible suffering for their whole life, should the baby be killed? What if his life is only expected to be no more than a year or two? What about babies born without a brain (real condition, no joke)? Do they even have sentience?

That's where I'm on the fence about it. I suppose in the case of infants where their lives will pretty much be nothing but suffering and there's virtually no way to overcome it (perhaps they'll only live a few months or so), I'll support it. It's still iffy on adults who are unable to consent though.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
If people have a right to choose how they live, then they have a right to choose how to die.

You put that beautifully.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
If they're fine with it, or they were on a machine and unable to communicate, but they specified it before i guess it would be fine. I don't wanna sound heartless but the money used to keep someone alive who will just stay a vegetable could be put to better use helping people who actually have a chance of recovering and leading a normal life.

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
My parents always tell me not to but I euthanasia all the time. I AM NOT A ROBOT
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Kill me if my brain lacks the ability to comprehend motor skills.

Steven Hawkins got that shit on a leash, but I ain't no boy genius.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Neo Evil11
Yes. Why? Because I am liberal, except for situations when the government needs to interfere (like the markets).

...might wanna brush up on your politics there, broseph.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I euthanized a kitten once.

Poor "Little Bit"
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I've never liked euthanisia but not because of what it actually is. It's the emotional suffering that comes from deciding it's time for something to die. If i ever had to euthanize my cat *knock on wood* i'd be heart broken.

I don't believe in useless euthanisia where you kill something off because you don't like it.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I would want them to put me down. I've never got the sense behind making someone suffer a little longer so you can enjoy a little longer with them. Seems selfish to me. We all gotta go sometime. I don't get the point in sticking around this dump.
Last edited by cornmancer at Mar 28, 2011,
Quote by bass-man9712

I don't believe in useless euthanisia where you kill something off because you don't like it.

Thats not Euthanasia. Thats murder.