Hey folks!

I'm having a problem with my Vox V847A Wah-pedal:

Whenever I attach a power supply, it only works as true bypass. When I click it to get the wah-effect, it doesn't say anything. At all. This is without the 9V battery inserted in the pedal.

However when I don't use the power supply and insert the battery, it works fine both as true bypass and with the wah-effect.

When I do both things (battery + power supply) it doesn't say anything either - only works as true bypass.

Isn't a pedal such as the V847A able to give the effect while attached to a power supply?

Thanks a LOT, if you can enlighten me
Yeah, the power supply on the left side of the pedal - the hole just beside the jack-hole.
'Cause I don't wanna change the battery often or risc that it runs dry in the middle of a show
I just don't think I know the purpose/function of the power supply option - do you?
did the power supply come with the pedal? it could be opposite of what you need, like a positive barrel and negative needle
Well it says in almost every description of it that "this pedal even has a power supply option! So shop, shop, shop!" :p but neither the power supply not the battery came with the pedal.
Make sure your adapter is 9VDC center negative. Other wise shit won't work.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by marnie94
Well it says in almost every description of it that "this pedal even has a power supply option! So shop, shop, shop!" :p but neither the power supply not the battery came with the pedal.

You have the wrong power supply. End of story. Not wrong ring/pin config, but wrong voltage.

Just get either a Godlyke or 1Spot adapter. Even a standard Boss will work. Just because you're plugging the adapter "into the adapter port" doesn't make it the right adapter.

You could have fried your wah, by the way, if you had the wrong ring/tip polarity. But judging by the fact that it still works with a battery you're good.

EDIT: Damnit Matt. Ninja'd.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I've tried to turn the "head" on the cable (from the power supply-outlet) 180 degrees over and over... Is that what you mean? (thanks a LOT for helping!)
What?

No no no.... If you look at the base of the power supply (the part that plugs into the wall) you'll see something that roughly looks like this:

{+} ---(O---- {-} That's the polarity of the power supply. The ring should be hot, the pin should be not (negative).

Either way. Just go and buy a 1-Spot adapter. Problem solved.
--

--
So it would seem, Stratman (nice name btw ) ... It's just that it says 9V om the power supply (it's a Monacor PSS-600E, if it means anything to you), and I have switched it so that it points at "9V". I use the same power supply for my Polytone pedal, and that works fine...
Might be something wrong with the pedal.

Take it to a store, ask to try a 9v adapter. If your wah works with those, then something's up with your adapter.
--

--
Quote by stratman_13

Take it to a store,

Well said - I was down there earlier today, and it worked just as it does now - I'll just ask him if he knows why it won't work properly when the power supply is attached to the pedal...
That's a multi function power supply. There is no way for us to know if you have it configured properly. Set it up for 9VDC center pin negative. If you don't know how to do that, then get someone to help you. Preferably someone with a multimeter.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but what the hell xD

I have 5 pedals (wah, boss ds-2 distortion, BF-3 flange, dd-3 and boss phaser) and it's time to buy/make mu own pedal board. Is Boss PSA 230 good and sufficient power supply for this many pedals? The guy in the local store said it will do the work just fine, but I'm not convinced. Any advice you ppl can give me???