ok i do realize it is not out yet, but im thinking i might get the gibson dethklok explorer, its a bit over my original plan, plus i dont really like dethklok, but damn, that guitar is growing on me.

i just has 3 questions about it.

1: is the cut on the neck going to be gibsons 60's profile?
2: the website says this about the electronics:

300k Audio Taper Lead Volume; 500k Audio Taper Non-Linear Master Tone.

im confused as to what this means, and should all the pots be 500k with dual humbuckers?

3: whats are your guys thoughts on the guitar? how do you think it wi
im really liking the silverburst finish, the binding, ebony fret board, and the burstbuckers. and its like 300$ more than the standard explorer i believe

EDIT: heres the link

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Explorer/Gibson-USA/Dethklok-Thunderhorse-Explorer.aspx
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Mar 28, 2011,
bro. bro. check this out:
if you want an actual dethklok explorer:
Buy a black explorer
replace pups with EMG 81/85
change pickguard so it is a mirror
done.
you'll probably save some money too...

but regarding the pots, it's not something you need to worry about unless you happen to be constantly changing pups on your guitar, and if it's too much of a problem, take it to a tech..
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
its not that i like dethklok and i want a dethklok explorer its that i happen to really like that guitar even though i dont particularly like dethklok or his black explorer. i just think the sig is a nice guitar :S
You're getting a modded Explorer, with a silver sunburst finish on it, and different pickups. Not worth all the extra cash IMO. I'd find a standard Explorer and replace the pickups.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
It is out yet - the sam ash by me has one for some unknown reason (along with Chad Kroeger's LP), and its a big ol' waste of cash. Find a used explorer, and make the mods yourself.
If you like it and have the money. Buy it. /thread
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by kandex
bro. bro. check this out:
if you want an actual dethklok explorer:
Buy a black explorer
replace pups with EMG 81/85
change pickguard so it is a mirror
done.
you'll probably save some money.

this. the original Explorer used by Skwisgaar had EMG's in it, not Burstbuckers. its is also MANDATORY that this Dethklok guitar is NOT to be tuned above or below C Standard. just a thought.... and honestly you could buy a black Explorer for WAYYYYYYY less that what they want for the signature guitar. probably close to 300-500 bucks depending on the guitar.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Last edited by Destinyrider22 at Mar 29, 2011,
well a new gibson explorer would cost me about 1100-1300
the dethklok explorer is somewhere between 1500 and 1600 new for me. thats before taxes.

again, i couldnt care less about what explorer brandon small actually used/had before this sig. i made the thread cuz i really like his signature guitar even though im not a fan of him or his music.

i think im either going to buy it from MF or order it in from a local guitar store. im kind of leaning towards the MF option because theyre more flexible with returns/exchanges from waht ive heard, so incase i dont like it, ill swap it for a normal explorer and do a pickup swap.

btw i dont think 300 is wayy over priced for a sig guitar if the original version is 1300 roughly