I have to write a paper exploring a theme of the HBO show, The Wire. We only have to watch one episode, but I'm thinking I may was well watch a whole season. Initially, I was going to watch all of season one, as I've never seen this show before. After doing a little research, though, it seems other seasons have better themes and could be more interesting. Should I watch a season that isn't the first even though I won't know the characters, and if so, which one?
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
I just started watching this series, I finished season one and have just started season two so I can really help in terms of knowing which series is best, but I can say that season one is pretty good.
Watch the first episodes, dude. You have no frame of reference. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Shiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Stick with season one because you won't know the characters and wont be able to understand most of their actions and relationship with each other. I'd recommend either Wallace after episode 5 or D'angelo in episode 13. Maybe Omar but i don't think he is well developed enough yet to write a full paper on. I'm leaving this thread in fear of spoilers, good luck with the essay.
Not just saying this, anyone who likes the Wire will back me up, but if you want to understand it (especially since you've got to write a paper) then you must watch chronologically.

Start with season 1, you'll no doubt miss your paper's deadline cause you spent a whole week watching all 5.
Quote by christfudge
Stick with season one because you won't know the characters and wont be able to understand most of their actions and relationship with each other. I'd recommend either Wallace after episode 5 or D'angelo in episode 13. Maybe Omar but i don't think he is well developed enough yet to write a full paper on. I'm leaving this thread in fear of spoilers, good luck with the essay.

He's right, watch season 1 and do it on D'angelo
Well, I'm not writing about a certain character necessarily, I just have to analyze a certain motif. For example, from what my professor recommended, one could write about police corruption, surveillance, generation Y, social politics, etc. I'm probably gonna stick with season one though, as I plan on eventually watching this whole series and I may as well start from the beginning.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .