Before you start telling me I don't need it; I find it's the only option that would allow me to get the tones I would like and be almost a full rig of my dreams for only $2000 dollars (for the ultra)

So just a few questions:

1: know of any good midi controllers that have an expression pedal and a few buttons for less than $400?
2: have any suggestions on good full range flat response speaker/pa/monitors?
3: do you have any experience with an axe fx? If so, how was it?
4: I plan on holding on to my XXX until I purchase the axe fx, and may even use it and my cab with the axe fx, how do you think my cab will sound?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
im pretty sure berhinger makes something similar to the footcontroller, probably pretty crappy tho

and id imagine using a virtual cab through a real cab wouldnt sound to good
i owned one for a year before selling it.

I would look into the atomic powered FR cab, all the reviews have been that it is quite good.

In terms of using your xxx with it, at one point i tried running it into the power amp of my recto. Everything pretty much sounded like a recto. If you just mean for effects then it should be fine.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Seanthesheep
im pretty sure berhinger makes something similar to the footcontroller, probably pretty crappy tho

and id imagine using a virtual cab through a real cab wouldnt sound to good

You can turn off the cab modeling, in fact, when making a patch, you have to add the cab in the patch separately

And Matt, what did you think of the axe fx, for example, why did you sell?
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
You can turn off the cab modeling, in fact, when making a patch, you have to add the cab in the patch separately

And Matt, what did you think of the axe fx, for example, why did you sell?

It's good, and for the most part does what it claims. I think some of it comes down to how you run it, ie with a power amp and cab or frfr monitors.

I ran it with studio monitors the whole time (not cheap ones dynaudio). After a year i went to guitar center and listened to some tube amps and promptly decided to sell it, order a custom amp build from splawn. I'll just let that speak for itself.

In retrospect, i wish i would have had the chance to try it with the atomic fr cab. I don't think it is quite the holy grail that the jehovah's witnesses aka axe fx owners claim it to be, but it is a nice piece of gear.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
It's good, and for the most part does what it claims. I think some of it comes down to how you run it, ie with a power amp and cab or frfr monitors.

I ran it with studio monitors the whole time (not cheap ones dynaudio). After a year i went to guitar center and listened to some tube amps and promptly decided to sell it, order a custom amp build from splawn. I'll just let that speak for itself.

In retrospect, i wish i would have had the chance to try it with the atomic fr cab. I don't think it is quite the holy grail that the jehovah's witnesses aka axe fx owners claim it to be, but it is a nice piece of gear.

Cool, well, perhaps in the time I'm slowly saving up some new gear will come out to be even better
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious