i have thought about changing string brands i use ghs at the moment
but im not changing type or gauge just brand .

do any of you think that there is a real difference in mfg making
the same type of string ?
It all depends on where they come from, the purity of the metals they use and how quickly they oxidize. I used to use ghs and had no real problem with them until I tried different brands. Then I realized that tey didn't last as long in my environment as some others. I really like Dean Markely Blue steels. I currntly use 9-42s on my LP. I used the green slinkys for a long time as well and still use them on my LTD with the liscensed floyd. I do think there is a difference if you get picky about it. As you can see I still use relatively inexpensive strings because I refuse to buy elixers or similar although they keep their brightness longer. Try DR strings as well. I'd buy these more often but no one carries them close to me.
Quote by dimarzio77
As you can see I still use relatively inexpensive strings because I refuse to buy elixers or similar although they keep their brightness longer. Try DR strings as well. I'd buy these more

i thought about giving those elixers a try but there 3x the money really dont seem worth
it when you can buy 3 sets to there 1.
yeah, exactly! I have tried them and they are not worth it. Not really the tone I was looking for either. I also don't care for fender brand strings and gibson brand strings. They seem very cheap(price and quality)
I have tried Rotosounds a couple of times and been routinely disappointed in them and the (lack of) longevity. I was lucky to get five or six hours play out of them.

I have always gone with Ernie Ball's Slinkys - gauge depends on what guitar they are, or D'addarrio for 13s as they are the only strings I can readily find around here.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.