Hi,

I own a Boss Metal Zone, a Boss Delay, a MXR Distortion III, a Danelectro Chorus and finally a EH Holy Grail Digital Reverb. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Marshall JCM800 Lead Series amp. What would be the best order in wich to plug all the effects to get the most out of them ?? I play mostly classic rock....

Thanks !!
An MT2 with an 800? Does not compute.

Ditch the MT, the DstIII. Get a Maxon OD808. Done.

Then go OD up front, delay and verb in effects loop.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
An MT2 with an 800? Does not compute.

Ditch the MT,

Ditch what ??
The Metalzone and Distortion III.

You don't need them with that amp. Get a Maxon OD808. Run it volume 10, gain 3, tone to taste.

Does your JCM have a master volume?
--

--
I'd keep the Distortion III, and use it as a clean overdrive. But you really shouldn't need the Metalzone.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Quote by stratman_13
The Metalzone and Distortion III.

You don't need them with that amp. Get a Maxon OD808. Run it volume 10, gain 3, tone to taste.

Does your JCM have a master volume?

Yes it has a Master Volume.. this is the one :

http://www.gbase.com/gear/marshall-vintage-marshall-jcm-800-1984

But mine has a single 12" Celestion speaker..
Last edited by CQJR at Mar 29, 2011,
You definitely do not need the Metalzone. At all. Your amp will murder that pedal every day of the week.

If you want o keep it an make it worthwhile, get it modded by Keeley or Analogman.

Seriously, crank up the volume, set the master to taste, run an overdrive in front, and you have great JCM tone. That's about all there is to it. Run the reverb and chorus in the effects loop (if the 800s have one, I haven't played one in a while and don't remember).

And I thought some 800s didn't have a master volume. That's why I asked. IRC they all do...
--

--
Thanks, i'll crack it up tonight, to hell with my neighbors LOL !!
i thought the dist III was meant to be fairly warm/middy and overdrivey-sounding? I'd hang onto it, it's meant to be quite nice (though i haven't tried one).

Agreed with ditching the mt2, though.

maybe get an od too if the dist III doesn't work well enough as one.

does the 800 have a loop?

if so, put the distortion into the front of the amp and the others in the loop (chorus ->delay->reverb, i think, is the normal order), if not put them into the front of the amp with the dist first and the others in the same order as they are in the loop.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

The thing is.... Well I'm terrible at explaining these things. But for all practical purposes, you can think of an amp with a volume/master volume setup as the volume knob controlling the "gain" and the master volume controlling the.... well.... volume.

Basically leaving the master volume at 2 with the volume on 10 will still sound like the amp with the master on 2.

EDIT: Dave: The DIII is decent at best, but the old DI/DII are the best. But yeah, thinking back on my previous statement, I'd keep the DIII around. It's probably mix well with the 800.
--

--
Last edited by stratman_13 at Mar 29, 2011,
yep sure
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No loop on this one.. thanks guys..

And what about the low and high intensity inputs on this amp, always on high ??

And pre-amp ??
yeah i'd always use the high input unless you can't dial in a clean enough clean tone for your liking.

by preamp do you mean the preamp volume control?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just basically set it to the amount of distortion you need. That's a single-channel JCM, right? Normally I just set single channel amps to my rhythm tone, roll back the guitar's volume for cleans, and use a boost for lead. That doesn't always work, though, depending on how much gain you need for the rhythm tone, sometimes you need to use a boost for it too...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was about to tell you to jump the inputs when I remembered it was an 800 .

Yeah, I'd keep it in high.
--

--
Fun times ahead, thanks again..