There's a peavey XXX head along with a Crate 4x12 loaded with Eminence Texas Heats for $750 altogether on craigslist in my area. It seems like an unreal deal. I play metalcore and deathcore, but dabble in clean stuff. Would this amp suit my needs?
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
definitely. it can do any style of metal well. my friend used one in a deathcore band and then i bought it off him and used it while playing in a hardcore band that dabbled in ambient music. and for a high gain amp it'll be hard to find as good of a clean channel at that price.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yeah dude, with those speakers to you'll have a nice and chugging sound
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
It's a hell of an amp, and does everything rock/metal related well. Definitely go for it if you can - mine's never let me down.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
What about at bedroom volumes? It'd be used for other purposes as well, but I'd be playing on it in my room, too.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
it sounds good at bedroom levels to me. better than my old 5150, which i sold after having the xxx for a week haha

but yeah it sounds good at bedroom volumes, but using a tube screamer as a boost really brings it to life at those low volumes
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
one of my buddies used one, sounded great but he had a kinds of eq'ing going on to get the tone he wanted
Let me put it this way. I have an Ultra 120, which is basically the same amp as the XXX.
I also have a 6505.
I play the same music.
I like the ultra, not only for it's versatility and great clean channel. But I like the Ultra's tone more than my 6505's tone when it comes to deathcore stuff.
XXX>6505. Even for hardcore/metal.