Hey guys, It's your old pal Shaggy again, no I don't need to crash on your couch or borrow some cash, but how about a penny for your thoughts on some humbuckers?

Here's the deal: I've got a heavily customized Epiphone doubleneck sg and I want to put new pickups in it. I've never been a fan of the open humbucker look, I prefer nice chrome covered ones, but more important is the fact that they sound muddy, are old, and well abused. So I'd like to upgrade...

What do you use? What do you like?

I need a pups that can give me a nice hard classic rock crunch(think zeppelin and aerosmith) but I also play clean stuff, sweep picking is big in my band.

Are there any pups you might recommend for a 12 string? I'd like to replace all four...

Here's some links to my band playing live and pics of my guitar so you can get a good idea of what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOKSLQwXdTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUU36NyhBzY

Quote by genghisgandhi
make the bass more bassy

Quote by grohl1987
You really like input jacks, don't you?

My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Greg Bennett Acoustic
Epiphone G-1275
Bump
Quote by genghisgandhi
make the bass more bassy

Quote by grohl1987

My Gear
Greg Bennett Acoustic
Epiphone G-1275

And am I right in thinking you've somehow swapped the 12 and 6 string necks around? If so, good man. I've never understood why most double necks have the 12 string on top.

Anyway, sounds like you just need a fairly standard vintage-wind pickup with a bit extra clarity. If that's the case then an SD Pearly Gates would be decent in the bridge, or in the neck come to that. A DiMarzio Bluesbucker or Humbucker From Hell could also be worth checking out for the neck position, as they have a sort of P-90-ish tone: very clear though not as thin as a single coil. SD Alnico II Pros are also a good all-round choice for any kind of classic rock or blues tones. You might also want to consider a P-90 that fits in a humbucker spacing, like the SD Phat Cat. That'd be good for the neck at least.

If you've got a bit more cash to spend, Bare Knuckle do a couple of classic-style pickups that are clear enough that they should be able to handle the 12 string well. The Riif Raff is quite bright; the VHII is slightly hotter with a bit more warmth (good for the bridge); the Emerald set would be great if you need the absolute best string definition though it may be a little too powerful for the neck of the 12-string.
I have an issue that is really bothering me. I just bought an Ibanez rgt42dxfm "neck thru". The guitar is awsome but one thing. The high e string slips off the fretboard when im playing legato runs and sweeping. I've been playing guitar for 20 years and play in a local deathmetal band here in Shreveport. I've checked the nut and it seems fine. "Mite be a little to big". It's supposed to be a 43mm. I have another model of this guitar. Its a Rgt42mdx "also neck thru". It's nut is even and it tends to do the same thing to. I've got my local tech looking at the dxfm. But it seems strange that both these guitars would have that problem. They also either have a couple high frets or just need a neck adjustment. The high e string has to be raised high to stop the dead sound. Anyone else ever have this problem?
^ make your own thread.

OT, this belongs in gear and accessories.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by grohl1987

And am I right in thinking you've somehow swapped the 12 and 6 string necks around? If so, good man. I've never understood why most double necks have the 12 string on top.

Good eye ;D yes, I have the pups set up so that any of them can be singled out to it's own jack and sent to it's own amp/effects. They all run to a master jack when no chord is plugged in though. I didn't switch the necks, but the previous owner was fairly professional about it so no complaints. I like it on top too \m/(^.^) Thanx for all the advice, I'll check them out

Quote by ibanezax6275
I have an issue that is really bothering me...

You really should make your own thread to get some answers buddy, but here's my guess: Someone screwed up. Either Ibanez or whoever put the wrong part on the wrong guitar. You might be able to get away with buying a new nut or getting an uncut nut and making your own slots to fit your guitar better. If that doesn't fix it you could modify the bridge. If that doesn't fix it your neck is probably warped and you'd have to take it to a luthier. Make your own thread in "Gear Building & Customizing" to get more advice.
Quote by genghisgandhi
make the bass more bassy

Quote by grohl1987

My Gear
Greg Bennett Acoustic
Epiphone G-1275
I like my vintage "super 70's" but hose are vintage, no one sells them unless custom made..but they have amazing sounds for everything I do, classic rock, hard rock, jazz, blues...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
I'd try a 36 anniversary paf set from Dimarzio.
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778