Okay Pit, I just started my first brewing project, and Im making hard cider. I got a giant 5 gallon ale-pail, and I filled it with natural apple juice, some water, sugar, and I got some yeast primed, then poured it in, sealed the bucket, and put the airlock on it I did this about 4-5 hours ago. When will the airlock start bubbling a bunch? Also the yeast I used is Lalvin EC-1118
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
What you should have done was taken some natural apple juice, water, sugar, and a few heaping spoonfulls of LSD.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
I plan on making moonshine with my friend. Good luck with your brew project.
A polar bear came to talk to me the other day....
...But then I realized...
...I don't own a coat, let alone firecrackers

Visit my Soundcloud, OR SUFFER.
Yeah its gonna be a few weeks before the fruits of my labors become even slightly realized... them I might have to let them set for a while, but **** it, I think imma make applejack ^_^
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Are you using your ale-pail to make

pale ale?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Vornik
What you should have done was taken some natural apple juice, water, sugar, and a few heaping spoonfulls of LSD.

This man knows what's up.
True brew is made in a shoe.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Vornik

Repeatedly freezing cider and removing the ice leaves you with a sticky substance that's nice to drink but seriously alcoholic.
I think it's in the first couple of hours you see bubbling I'm not sure but where did you get the apple juice from?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by potcorn56
I think it's in the first couple of hours you see bubbling I'm not sure but where did you get the apple juice from?

apples, possibly?
It's abit more complicated than that my friend. I've never made cider but something tells me that I hope you just didn't buy white table sugar. You probably need all that dextrose and corn syrup (and all that other stuff which has now hardened in my basement). You probably need malt too; I'm just not sure on the specifics of brewing cider.

When I made my beer the first time I left it there for an hour and when I came back my airlock was just spewing foam all over the place from the reaction. It did that for about 2 days.

And then I got poor and couldn't afford to bottle it, so it sat there for a year and a half instead of 6 weeks. So yeah, I never tried it. But when I poured down my driveway into the sewer the street did reek of putrid old dark beer.