Rolling Stone publishes Afghan Kill Team Photgraphs [Disturbing Images]

Page 1 of 8
This is sickening. You can click the link without seeing any pictures, don't worry. On the subject of the pictures in question:

Quote by RU Experienced?
If you're squeamish I'd not recommend it.

The worst (and most bizarre) one is a severed head with the lower portion missing. The others include a corpse mangled by helicopter rockets, and various severed limbs, as well as the corpses of 3 other individuals, two of whom are propped up against one another with their hands shackled together and a sign written on a rations box saying "taliban are dead".

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-kill-team-20110327

(Invalid img)

In a break with protocol, the soldiers also took photographs of themselves celebrating their kill. In the photos, Morlock grins and gives a thumbs-up sign as he poses with Mudin’s body. Note that the boy’s right pinky finger appears to have been severed. Staff Sgt. Calvin Gibbs reportedly used a pair of razor-sharp medic’s shears to cut off the finger, which he presented to Holmes as a trophy for killing his first Afghan.

(Invalid img)

Holmes poses with Mudin’s body. According to a fellow soldier, Holmes took to carrying Mudin’s severed finger with him in a zip-lock bag. “He wanted to keep the finger forever and wanted to dry it out,” one of his friends would later report. “He was proud of his finger.”

Oh, and: At one point, soldiers in 3rd Platoon talked about throwing candy out of a Stryker vehicle as they drove through a village and shooting the children who came running to pick up the sweets.

What the fuck.

There are some worse pictures in the article. I can't even think of a time I've been more ashamed of our military. Maybe Collateral Murder. These men are the lowest scum of the earth.
Last edited by due 07 at Mar 29, 2011,
"Ain't war hell?"

I'm pretty sure you can't leave these pictures up here as well, TS.
Yeah, I'd take them down. Pretty close to gore/shock, regardless of if they've been printed in a major publication or not, I would think.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
That is insanely disturbing, hadn't seen any of the pictures.

You probably can't have them on here though, and if nothing else people might want to read the parts about the photos without having to see them.

EDIT: le nevermind.
I don't know what's more disgusting, the photos, or the what these fuckers did.

EDIT: v I sure as hell hope it does, and props to RS, though usually a rag, for putting this out there and bringing attention attention to shit like this.
Last edited by IommiPage at Mar 29, 2011,
I think if this gets enough press (which it inevitably will), it may have a pretty large impact on things.
Christ. Dreadnought, I'm assuming that isn't general military protocol judging by your reaction? There's no way that's going on in a widespread fashion over there, right?
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Was reading the article a little earlier. Truly disturbing stuff.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

You guys are oversensitive.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by due 07
I think if this gets enough press (which it inevitably will), it may have a pretty large impact on things.

It shouldn't, really. It's perfect evidence of the depravity of some dumbfucks who inappropriately put into action their disproportionate power over those, the Afghani's, whose role with regards to our presence has apparently been forgotten or never ever correctly understood by those selfsame depraved individuals.

These soldiers are not "highly trained."

They are not a "kill team."

They are not an elite special operations unit.

They are not representive of even so small as a minute fraction of a minority of the military.

They are the lowest of the low, regardless of rank, that the US Army has to offer as far as infantry is concerned.

They are simply dumb-as-fuck, primordial simpletons, with likewise leadership, who used caveman brutality enhanced by basic Army equipment and weaponry to debase both themselves and the image of their country while making an abomination of our current mission overseas.

Like I said, I would like to kill them.

Also, they are from the same base as me. I'm glad people like this do not exist in the Special Operations world.
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by Thrasher51
Christ. Dreadnought, I'm assuming that isn't general military protocol judging by your reaction? There's no way that's going on in a widespread fashion over there, right?

wtf? No, shooting innocent civilians is definitely NOT standard military procedure!
Quote by Momentosis

And you're an idiot.
From what I've heard, these guys are totally rogue (Like Sarah Palin) and don't reflect on how the military operates.

It's sickening.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Momentosis
This.

Sorry folks, but there's a lot worse out there. I've seen much more horrid acts.
Quote by diofan88
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Every band is a lotr metal band. Metal is like Guile's theme for Lotr.
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
Holy **** im surprised those pictures were allowed on Rolling Stone...i feel sick.
Sometimes the death penalty would be too humane.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I've gone to school with and worked with plenty of soldiers. All of them were good, honest people who either felt their place was in the military, or who had the desire to serve their country while better serving themselves, be it by finding an easy way to pay for a college degrees, or teaching themselves an increased level of discipline.

The saying "war is hell" comes to mind, and although it's no excuse for what they did, I think it played a part if making these bad people even worse. I hope they hang for it like Saddam. They are no better.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by due 07

I'll bet you cash money that nothing will change.
Quote by BeerBlood
This.

Sorry folks, but there's a lot worse out there. I've seen much more horrid acts.

Oh yes, I'm sure you and your maybe-20-years-old, guitar-playing, "bartending", tendonitis-having self have seen some crazy shit in your day

Get your head out of your ass, you wannabe.
Disgusting.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by Momentosis

Agreed. I've seen far worse lows of humanity than this.

Quote by Dreadnought

Quit being such a cu nt. There is worse out there, columbine security video, 9/11 video, WWII holocaust video.....
Last edited by TorturedSoul666 at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by TorturedSoul666
Agreed. I've seen far worse lows of humanity than this.

Really?
Avondale must be a hell of a place.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Damn, the only reason Gibbs was allowed to stay in the Army is because they "need" more men out there in futile wars which is why they still have people with PTSD on active duty.
Quote by Dreadnought
Oh yes, I'm sure you and your maybe-20-years-old, guitar-playing, "bartending", tendonitis-having self have seen some crazy shit in your day

You're a fücking white knight cünt. When did I say I "experienced" any of that shit? You can find images like the ones in this discussion on the internet. They happen to have much more graphic content than these. That's what I said. Please go die.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Whoever thinks Japan deserved the tsunami in any way should just go away and fucking die alone.
that severed head didn't even look real. not saying it was fake, it was just that bizarre looking. looked like something from an old peter jackson flick.

in any event, deplorable stuff. any time i see something like that all i can think of is the poor person's mother or wife or children crying.
#DTWD
Quote by BeerBlood
You're a ****ing white knight ******. When did I say I "experienced" any of that shit? You can find images like the ones in this discussion on the internet. They happen to have much more graphic content than these. That's what I said. Please go die.

Lol, seeing pictures on the internet has no relevance to the extremity/depravity of the situation in real life.

You've already made yourself look like a fool
Quote by BeerBlood
You're a fücking white knight cünt. When did I say I "experienced" any of that shit? You can find images like the ones in this discussion on the internet. They happen to have much more graphic content than these. That's what I said. Please go die.

Only someone like you could wish death on someone after seeing images like these.
Quote by BeerBlood
This.

where the hell do you live? somalia?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
that severed head didn't even look real. not saying it was fake, it was just that bizarre looking. looked like something from an old peter jackson flick.

in any event, deplorable stuff. any time i see something like that all i can think of is the poor person's mother or wife or children crying.

Definitely agreed, on both points. I saw the head and was like ...
Quote by BeerBlood

Yeah, and I've watched all the Death Scenes movies, but the context of this is a little important.
Quote by Dreadnought
Lol, seeing pictures on the internet has no relevance to the extremity/depravity of the situation in real life.

You've already made yourself look like a fool
So you're saying mangled corpses aren't real unless they're on Rolling Stones? Dude, seriously. Get off your high horse. Cünt.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Some of what these guys did (posing with the body) was unacceptable.

However, much of what is in this article is heresay. It is Rolling Stone slanting this story to get the biggest emotional response they can.

examples:
Even before the war crimes became public, the Pentagon went to extraordinary measures to suppress the photos, launching a massive effort to find every file and pull the pictures out of circulation before they could touch off a scandal on the scale of Abu Ghraib.

culture among U.S. troops in which killing innocent civilians is seen as a cause for
celebration.

"Ordering the boy to stand still, they crouched behind a mud wall, tossed a grenade at him and opened fire from close range." - I would expect shrapnel wounds from a grenade tossed at close range, and there are none.

As they collected the remains, which appear to be those shown here, one took out a hunting knife and stabbed the corpse. Staff Sgt. Gibbs, who had recently joined the platoon as a squad leader, began playing with a pair of scissors near the dead man’s hands. “I wonder if these can cut off a finger?” Gibbs asked.

A pistol found at the scene of the helicopter strike. Gibbs routinely collected such weapons and planted them on the bodies of unarmed civilians they killed, in order to frame their victim as enemy combatants.

Gibbs was reportedly disappointed that the pistol was turned into military authorities in accordance with proper protocol, preventing them from using it as a “drop weapon.”

After he arrived in Afghanistan, he did any drug he could get his hands on: opium, hash, Ambien, amitriptyline, flexeril, phenergan, codeine, trazodone.

At one point, soldiers in 3rd Platoon talked about throwing candy out of a Stryker vehicle as they drove through a village and shooting the children who came running to pick up the sweets

According to one soldier, members of 3rd Platoon also talked about a scenario in which they “would throw candy out in front and in the rear of the Stryker; the Stryker would then run the children over.”

the Army may also have been trying to keep secret evidence that the killings of civilians went beyond a few men in 3rd Platoon.

Also cited were quotes from one soldier, with the pretense that this soldier spoke for all soldiers.

example:
“Most people within the unit disliked the Afghan people,” one of the soldiers told Army investigators. “Everyone would say they’re savages.”

Rolling Stone has always been a liberal publication, but this is their most blatant propaganda I have seen. A few guys took it too far, and those guys will be punished. Their actions do not speak for the vast majority of American, British and other troops in Afghanistan. Do not treat this story as news. Take it for what it is.
May God have mercy on them.

Quote by BeerBlood
So you're saying mangled corpses aren't real unless they're on Rolling Stones? Dude, seriously. Get off your high horse. Cünt.
You're an idiot. Do yourself a favor and listen more than you speak.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Last edited by metal4all at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by captaincrunk
Only someone like you could wish death on someone after seeing images like these.
I used to go to a certain image board. You take a part of it with you long after you cease going.
Quote by diofan88
Quote by beadhangingOne
Quote by mcjosh
Quote by BeerBlood

No, I know you've seen shit, but why do you need to mention that? That has no relevance to what's happening now, I don't think the point of the thread is to debate which act is more deplorable.