JCM 2000 dsl100...Are they good amps? I might have a chance to pick up a halfstack for really cheap. I just really haven't had experience with or really read to much about these...Opinions quick please
im a metal guy, and i really like the jcm 2000. they've got a lot of balls. it's a really smooth modern type tone without the harsh bite of amps like the 6505. but of course, my opinion is purely subjective.
I just watched a couple vids on youtube and really liked what I heard. The cleans to the high gain sounded very nice. I went ahead and emailed the guy to go take a look at it, hopefully be able to try it for myself very soon.

I was looking into getting a JCA100 from jet city, but after finding this little gem, I might have changed my mind.
I love my JCM 2000! I've had it for 4 years and have loved every minute of it. Enjoying it a lot more often now that I bought an attenuator for it. I didn't realize how loud 100 watts can actually get until I bought it. There really isn't a lot you can't do with it. There are better amps for specific genres but if you want 1 amp to do everything and hold its own then this would be it.
Quote by vjferrara
I love my JCM 2000! I've had it for 4 years and have loved every minute of it. Enjoying it a lot more often now that I bought an attenuator for it. I didn't realize how loud 100 watts can actually get until I bought it. There really isn't a lot you can't do with it. There are better amps for specific genres but if you want 1 amp to do everything and hold its own then this would be it.

Sweet deal, I'm really looking forward to trying this thing out. Hopefully this guy hasn't sold it yet, of course it being almost 3 in the morning i don't get a response until tomorrow sometime...I really can't wait lol
I had a DSL100 before I got my JMP........liked it a lot, the red channel was a little too much for me, but other than that, I enjoyed it. I sold my 1998 head in above average shape for $550. With all of that said, the JMP blows the DSL out of the universe, but its also a lot more dollars.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Quote by Paith
I had a DSL100 before I got my JMP........liked it a lot, the red channel was a little too much for me, but other than that, I enjoyed it. I sold my 1998 head in above average shape for $550. With all of that said, the JMP blows the DSL out of the universe, but its also a lot more dollars.

Good to know, this guy wants $850 for the head and then a 1960B cab. Figure that'll be worth it since i was planning on spending $950 for a jet city half stack.
I would say $850 for the pair is a pretty good price! Go for it and don't look back!!
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
They're alright. Give me a 900 SL-X or an 800 any day. They have to be a bit loud to get them starting to sound really good.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I've had my dsl for about a year now and i love it! Sounds great and it covers all my styles With a 1960 cab it kills!

The thing i like the most about this amp is that it sounds great, not only when i play alone, but with a group or band! I've tried some amps i thought sounded killer when i was alone but during rehearsal, with a full group, just didn't deliver. The DSL sure do deliver!
Quote by stratman_13
They're alright.

+1

it depends on what you mean by "really cheap"...

How much?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by scguitarking927
Good to know, this guy wants $850 for the head and then a 1960B cab. Figure that'll be worth it since i was planning on spending $950 for a jet city half stack.

thats as much as my local guitar center wants for trhe head alone.
Quote by guitarpatrick66
thats as much as my local guitar center wants for trhe head alone.

Yea, so the head and the cab for $850, the cab alone is 800 in most places i've seen.

To one of the above posts, I've played through the blackstar ht100 and have to say I was pretty, "Indifferent" to it. Nothing really struck me as "OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS AMP" when i plugged in and cranked it. Not a bad amp by any means, just wasn't quite what I wanted.

Quote by Dave_Mc
+1

it depends on what you mean by "really cheap"...

How much?

$850 for the head and a 1960 cab. I loved it when I played it today, then I got to try this guys new plexi...OMG! haha, but that'll have to wait sometime.

Any way I decided to buy it, picking it up on saturday.
Last edited by scguitarking927 at Mar 29, 2011,
yeah i guess that's not a bad price, especially at US prices for the thing. Even if you want to get rid of it later (as long as there's nothing wrong with it) I'm guessing you wouldn't lose too much, if anything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I know a guy who is selling his modded JCM 2000 DSL 100,
He said he loves it to death
But hes trying to sell it to get an Orange Rockerverb 100
Which is highly respectable IMO