Page 1 of 2
Searchbarred, got nothing relevant.

So, my wife has been out of town for work since Sunday night and I think I've pretty well proven that being a bachelor would be terrible for my health at this point.

I haven't been eating within my normal diet (consequently my stomach is in revolt), I have to be up at about 5:00 AM to get to work on time and I was up until about 2:00 AM last night and 12:30 the night before playing Assassin's Creed 2 for the first time. This is all after being up til 3:30 AM drinking Saturday night.

I feel like the walking dead right now. If it weren't for my good friend, Monster, I would still be in bed getting a mark on my record for not calling in to work.

Anybody else here in long term relationships get this way when your significant other isn't around for a while? She's going away again for 3 days in mid-April and the way things went this time, I fear it may be the end of me.

tl;dr - wife's out of town, I'm being an irresponsible bachelor and it's wearing on me. Who else does this when their girl/guy isn't about to keep them in check?
It's a sign of you gettin old.........

Nah I would do the same if my wife was away but she never is..........not saying it like its a bad thing though

that last part was incase she ever reads this
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I dunno, I'm only 21 and plan to continue being an irresponsible bachelor for at least another couple of years. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the majority of answers you're gonna get
Quote by slash_GNR666
It's a sign of you gettin old.........

Nah I would do the same if my wife was away but she never is..........not saying it like its a bad thing though

that last part was incase she ever reads this

Yeah, mine isn't gone often. I think she only had to do this once before in the nearly 3 years we've been married and I did pretty much the same thing. But she just changed job roles so she has to go down to her company's headquarters a few times in the next month or two so she can get a feel for the new job with her boss.

I thought at first that I was going to enjoy the alone time since I hardly get any with her normally working from home, but now it seems I'm enjoying it so much that it's not enjoyable anymore
You used your time considerably well. You would never have been able to experience this with her by your side, so cherish the Cheeto-Stained moments while you can.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
'playing Assassin's Creed 2'...so this is your euphemism for fapping? i have to say, i just dont see the connection.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
@ Zero - Why thank you sir. Unfortunately, I fear I will probably need to take a nap when I get home from work at 2:30 this afternoon in order to pick her up from the airport tonight without killing myself on the way or killing us both once I've got her. I should probably also do some laundry and run the dishwasher so it at least looks like I tried to do SOMETHING other than play video games and eat shitty food|

Quote by NoLaurelTree000
'playing Assassin's Creed 2'...so this is your euphemism for fapping? i have to say, i just dont see the connection.

Ahh yes, I forgot to mention that in my OP. There was quite a bit of that as well.
Last edited by bklinger83 at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by bklinger83
@ Zero - Why thank you sir. Unfortunately, I fear I will probably need to take a nap when I get home from work at 2:30 this afternoon in order to pick her up from the airport tonight without killing myself on the way or killing us both once I've got her. I should probably also do some laundry and run the dishwasher so it at least looks like I tried to do SOMETHING other than play video games and eat shitty food|

Ahh yes, I forgot to mention that in my OP. There was quite a bit of that as well.

Good idea. I love being home alone, just means house parties most night

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You should have seen me after me and my girl friend broke up... I was depressingly reliant on her
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
You should have seen me after me and my girl friend broke up... I was depressingly reliant on her

Yeah, I hear ya. We recently merged bank accounts so now she handles all the money. If anything ever happened between us, I'm pretty sure even though I make decent money, I'd wind up broke on the street in a few months time.
just broke up with the my lady friend of 2 1/2 years. Its really shocking to see how much of my life had her involved even though we didnt live together
I'm exactly the same whenever my other half is away.

Instead of cooking and cleaning (both myself and the house), it's sit on the sofa getting drunk, eating take away pizza, playing video games, and wearing nothing but pants time.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'm 18. No significant other to speak of here.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by metacarpi

Instead of cooking and cleaning (both myself and the house), it's sit on the sofa getting drunk, eating take away pizza, playing video games, and wearing nothing but pants time.

better....
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
better....

Yeah, but you can see through the fence at the back of the house, and Ive got huge patio doors there, also, the front door doesn't have frosted glass....

Basically, what I'm trrying to say is that the old lady over the road complained about me having my wang out when I was getting some beer out of the kitchen, and ever since then the local constabulary run checks to make sure I'm not exposing myself to more geriatric old farts.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Last time my better half (now an ex, but not cause of this), went out of town for a family reunion.
24 hours after she left, I was waking up in jail for a DUI.
Quote by metacarpi
Yeah, but you can see through the fence at the back of the house, and Ive got huge patio doors there, also, the front door doesn't have frosted glass....

Basically, what I'm trrying to say is that the old lady over the road complained about me having my wang out when I was getting some beer out of the kitchen, and ever since then the local constabulary run checks to make sure I'm not exposing myself to more geriatric old farts.

If this is true, you're a hero in my books.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
If this is true, you're a hero in my books.

I think I should try and compose a song about it..

"My bare butt brings all the grannies to the yard and they're like "god damn you're all hard", I say "I could shag you, but I'd have to charge"

Instant hit if you ask me.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

If it wasn't so damn cold in my house, I'd probably go in just my boxer-briefs, but it's not quite that weather here yet. So, I just lounge around in thin flimsy comfy pants and slippers and a t-shirt.
I've gotten far too used to being taken care of. I think I'd starve to death if I was left by myself
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
yep, sounds just like what I did when I lived with my ex and she left for a couple of day's now and then to go visit her mom, I didn't do shite at home and ate fast food and got drunk everytime! those were the days
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
Quote by metacarpi

Have you noticed how much more quickly the time goes by when you're doing the things you want to do? I got home at 2:30 yesterday afternoon, had some left over pizza and started playing AC, looked up and it was fucking 8:00
Quote by bklinger83
Have you noticed how much more quickly the time goes by when you're doing the things you want to do? I got home at 2:30 yesterday afternoon, had some left over pizza and started playing AC, looked up and it was fucking 8:00

Yeah, being as I always have a panic and try and make it look like I've not been a massive slob when they're due back in like 10 minutes!
Quote by GLP_Arclite

A man needs a maid.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by metacarpi
Yeah, being as I always have a panic and try and make it look like I've not been a massive slob when they're due back in like 10 minutes!

Luckily, I'm her ride home tonight and she's not supposed to get in til around 9ish and she always ends up getting delayed. Although, apparently no flight ever leaves out of time from Atlanta's airport from what she says. So that will give me plenty of time to nap, while running a load of laundry and the dishwasher and still have plenty of time for gaming and eating crap until I have to go pick her up.
Quote by the bartender
A man needs a maid.

This
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
According to Physics... The man is the better half...
By the way... You are experiencing sleep depravation and should stop getting less than 7-9 hours of sleep.
Quote by DeadlyIllness
According to Physics... The man is the better half...
By the way... You are experiencing sleep depravation and should stop getting less than 7-9 hours of sleep.

Yes, the symptoms are rampant. I'm very slap-happy at this point and laughing at everything. I need a beer and a nap. I think my Monster is starting to wear off.
Quote by CodeMonk
Last time my better half (now an ex, but not cause of this), went out of town for a family reunion.
24 hours after she left, I was waking up in jail for a DUI.

lmao. obviously nothing to laugh about but ... didn't stop me. you
#DTWD
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Stop making excuses for being so lazy

But... it's easier that way
I've never had that problem, the couple times my gf (of 6 years) left for a few days I just did everything the way I always did.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I dunno, I'm only 21 and plan to continue being an irresponsible bachelor for at least another couple of years. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the majority of answers you're gonna get

Yep I get 4-5 hours of sleep a night....except weekends then its like 12 hours
Quote by Thrill-house
I've never had that problem, the couple times my gf (of 6 years) left for a few days I just did everything the way I always did.

Then I bet she's the one that stews in her own filth when you're away
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by Domino
Then I bet she's the one that stews in her own filth when you're away

You're probably right
Page 1 of 2