I mainly play metal and rock. The questions are: considering the fact that only practice at my house, would a 15 watt amp sound better. Then my second question is : is the roland cube a better sounding amp then a Line 6 spider 4 30w?

I currently use a line 6 30w... wondering if a roladn cube 15w would do a better job, would it worth it?
I have owned a line 6 spider III and I guess for bedroom playing its OK. My Roland Cube 30x on the other hand is, for the money, an awesome little amp. I believe the Cube20 is the same thing in a smaller package. Just my opinion here, dont bother with the Line6, it has tons of pretty lights and knobs that you will more than likely get little use out of. With a foot pedal to switch channels on the Cube, I have done a small gig and it did just fine. Hope this helped a little and good luck.
I currently have a line 6 spider IV 75 and its ok but I wouldn't recommend it to anybody
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

The Cube is better than the Spider. For home practice use it will do the job well.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Concerning Cubes, they're interesting once you look at the models with modelling (Microcube, Cube30X and up). The 15X isn't really that interesting in comparison.

Also, the Cubes might be a little bit better than the Spider, but whatever improvement there is doesn't justify the money you'd have to spend. You'd be basically going from one beginner modelling amp to another. Not much of an upgrade, aye?

There might be other options, depends a little on where you are located though.
Quote by TheQuailman
Concerning Cubes, they're interesting once you look at the models with modelling (Microcube, Cube30X and up). The 15X isn't really that interesting in comparison.

Also, the Cubes might be a little bit better than the Spider, but whatever improvement there is doesn't justify the money you'd have to spend. You'd be basically going from one beginner modelling amp to another. Not much of an upgrade, aye?

There might be other options, depends a little on where you are located though.

I agree, although if he's just at home practising he doesn't really need something else. But I'd get a nice low watt tube amp.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Imo, a Valve Junior (or comparable amp) plus a nice dirt box is a better option when it comes to cheap home practice rigs than a Spider/Cube/etc. (unless you need all the extra features of a modeller, that is).
ok thank you guys! but i was also wondering if 15 w instead of a 30w would get me a better sound. I heard that the higher volume you put on your amp the better sound you get, sounds true when i try it i dislike playing at low volume. So, if i get a 15w instead of my 30, in theorie i should turn the volume knob higher. Would my sound be better?
No that only applies to valve amps. If you crank a low wattage ss amp it will sound like sh!t. Thats why some SS amps are rated at like 350 watts because you need the headroom to turn it up and still sound good.
Quote by WiZoRZ
ok thank you guys! but i was also wondering if 15 w instead of a 30w would get me a better sound. I heard that the higher volume you put on your amp the better sound you get, sounds true when i try it i dislike playing at low volume. So, if i get a 15w instead of my 30, in theorie i should turn the volume knob higher. Would my sound be better?

Long as you play in your bedroom, you won't crank the amp anyway, so it doesn't matter much. Even less so with a modelling amp, many of which actually start to sound worse if you turn them up much.

The good thing about higher wattage beginner amps is that they usually have bigger speakers than the lower wattage ones, which helps a bit, though it's by far no guarantee for a good tone.
Alright thank you! Do you have any suggestion if i want a small amp which would sound better than my line 6 30w and also be smaller? I heard roland cube is doing a good job but again, would it worth it?

If not, what do you say... should I stick with the line 6 or i can get a smaller and better sounding amp?
Dunno if they are available to you, but my peavey vyper has blown everything else at that price range away for metal tone. It is far superior to the spider and imo better than the other cheap modeling amps for metal
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by WiZoRZ
Alright thank you! Do you have any suggestion if i want a small amp which would sound better than my line 6 30w and also be smaller? I heard roland cube is doing a good job but again, would it worth it?

If not, what do you say... should I stick with the line 6 or i can get a smaller and better sounding amp?

I'd honestly just stick with the Spider for now and put some cash on the side to buy a proper rock/metal amp later. You could get a small valve amp plus a good dirt pedal, but that'll set you back $150-$250, which I'd rather put towards something really nice instead of spending it on another beginner-rig. Get 400-500 bucks and we're talking.

Contrary to what Peavey Vypyr owners often state, I don't find Vypyrs to be all that special. Nice enough, but not a drastic upgrade from other, similarly priced amps like Spiders.