I have been playing guitar for a little while now and am really interested in getting an electric. Ideally what I would like to play is blues, given time, so would appreciate some help if you can! I have been looking at a few and read reviews etc. Squier CV Custom Tele, Gretsch Jet Pro and my dads mate has a Hamer that he said I should have a look at but I know very little about them. Are there other guitars I should be looking at??
I'd go with the Hamer, personally. Especially since you can haggle easier if you know the person.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I'd say forget about the tele. You won't get the low end that is needed for really bluesy sound with a tele. Id say go with a Les Paul of some kind. At least have humbuckers for blues. But then again, that's my personal opinion, and I kinda hate the way a tele sounds.
strat.

depending on budget either a new or used mexi strat.
it's what all the blues players have! (ok most have USA strats but a mexi is a good guitar none the less)
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
I would recommend Squier Bullet Strat. I've had a one for about three years. It's really good. One thing I like about it is that you can play many sorts of music with it. I play rock and blues with it but it's also good for metal etc.
Definitely go for a Strat for a more melodic blues sound. I put a humbucker in mine anyway, but I normally play on the neck pickup for that fuzzier, warmer sound for the licks and melodies. Plus, if you can, definitely get a Fender, the Mexi is only £300, well worth it in the long run!
you can't go wrong with a strat, look at the number of electric blues players that use them.

also worth considering is the prs se custom, a new one will set you back about £600, although the strat is better for clean tones.

you really need to get down to your local guitar store and try some out and see what suits you. take a friend along for a second opinion.

what's your budget?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix