Hey UG,

So everyone knows the stories about selling your soul to the devil for awesome guitar skills. But how do you play soulful music like the blues withought a soul? Does the devil let you keep it till your dead?
Quote by Roc8995
Kirk Hammett should just build a wah into his goddam shoes.

Quote by dyingdivinity
wat is pokemanz?
withought?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
When you sell your soul it doesn't mean your soul is taken out of you. it's still there but it's not yours anymore
cat
Do a lot of bends, make stupid faces, and do whatever most idiots mistake for emotion and people will believe it.
Quote by guitarxo
When you sell your soul it doesn't mean your soul is taken out of you. it's still there but it's not yours anymore

This.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by guitarxo

This.
You're still in possesion of it, but it belongs to someone else.

Basically when you sell your soul to the devil it means he can come take you to hell whenever he so wishes.
Quote by SG_dave
This.
You're still in possesion of it, but it belongs to someone else.

Basically when you sell your soul to the devil it means he can come take you to hell whenever he so wishes.

Yeah basically that's the right way to see it...
Except that the devil won't come... Because he doesn't exist.
Quote by stoner179
You need to get out and do something with your life instead of pondering this..

says the stoner? jk

And has been said, I think you are taking it too literally, and assuming the devil exists, you can still possess it, but the devil would own it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Colgate Total
Do a lot of bends, make stupid faces, and do whatever most idiots mistake for emotion and people will believe it.

Run towards the light exposing your soul.
Quote by MarThor
Except that the devil won't come... Because he doesn't exist.

Don't be ig'nant dawg.
People who sell their souls for guitar skills don't play soulful music, they play face-melting metal
Quote by kalnoky7
People who sell their souls for guitar skills don't play soulful music, they play face-melting metal

Touche, there really is no feeling, sense, and listenability to "face-melting metal."
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by kalnoky7

The whole selling your soul to the devil for music thing came from blues and classical music. I've never heard of any stories about dealing with the devil in metal. And there's no way you can say that metal can't be "soulful" music.
Selling you soul would mean you promise your soul to the Devil after your death, as opposed to going to Heaven or whatever other mumbo-jumbo you may believe in.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
The devil comes tripping around midnight at my house, let me ask him...
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
there's no such thing as a soul fo shizzle!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by byob_soad2
you go to hell after you die

I believe this to be the general consensus..
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
The whole selling your soul to the devil for music thing came from blues and classical music. I've never heard of any stories about dealing with the devil in metal. And there's no way you can say that metal can't be "soulful" music.

yes there is.

*trollface.jpg*
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Trick question! You don't.

Orginally Posted by edgeyyz
This isn't the real world?

*looks out window and screams*
Quote by hriday_hazarika
It's possible because Robert Johnson was black.

Black people don't have souls, so he must have had some damned good negotiating skills to outsmart the 'ol devil.
This also begs the question "If someone says don't tell a soul, can you still tell a ginger?"
Of course you can.

Orginally Posted by edgeyyz
This isn't the real world?

*looks out window and screams*