Ok, so unfortunately, I've hit a rut and have been contemplating selling some gear from my electric set up. That set up consists of a 2001 (?) 'Special Edition' MIM Strat. Custom work includes Lace Red, Silver, Blues, Dunlop Strap-Loks, Sprezel locking tunes, and aftermarket pick guard. As for the special edition, I'm unsure what makes it special? Amp set up includes a Boss OD-20, Bad Monkey, Digi Hyperphase, and Dunlop Crybaby all leading to a Genz-Benz El Diablo 30/60 tube amp. The guitar is in excellent condition, no visible dents, some scratches. The accessories include a tweed hard shell case and whammy bar. So... Any value?
Your gonna sell your gear just cuz you hit a rut?
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

First thing to realize is that the guitar is worth whatever it's worth stock, the custom work doesn't help any and may even reduce the value (Unless you can find someone that wants exactly that setup...)

So ~$250-300
Quote by ruste84
100 Gazillion dollars! But seriously...I have no clue. Never sell man. I sold my stuff and had to wait 5 years to get similar equipment.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
Your gonna sell your gear just cuz you hit a rut?

By rut, I meant financial. I would never get that fed up. Ha. But value wise, it depends on the person as stated before. I've had someone say ~$700. But again, that may be opinion.
i dont think thats true, i mean those are pretty qality pickups and tuners. it should cost a bit more especially on the used market. if you can get a price you like, try installing the stock parts and parting out the upgrades, because people will always buy nice lace pups and sperzel tuners even if used provided that they work.
Quote by ikey_
i dont think thats true, i mean those are pretty qality pickups and tuners. it should cost a bit more especially on the used market. if you can get a price you like, try installing the stock parts and parting out the upgrades, because people will always buy nice lace pups and sperzel tuners even if used provided that they work.

No, it's pretty much true, if I tried to sell my Squier, loaded with $340 worth of Bareknuckle pickups and about $100 of other mods to say Guitar Center, or any other guitar store, it would sell for less that $150, despite the mods. On the internet, nobody cares, and you'd get more for it by stripping it down and selling it for the parts.
Your doing it wrong.

You buy more gear to get out of a rut.

Also, you wont ever get your money back when you modify guitars if you try to sell them.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well I good rule is price the stuff at two thirds of what you payed for it and if somebody offers you less tell them you'll think about it

And definitely put the stock parts back in the guitar
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

I didn't figure that it'd be what I paid for. But more than the low balls I've gotten thrown at me. $50? Not happening.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Your doing it wrong.

You buy more gear to get out of a rut.

Also, you wont ever get your money back when you modify guitars if you try to sell them.

didnt you sell your guitars because you were in a bit of a rut yourself?
I don't know about others here, but I never "sell" or "trade in" gear to Guitar Center. Go craigslist or direct and you'll still get more than Guitar Center would give you and they'll get it for less than what Guitar Center would charge.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)