Hi everyone !

Just the other day, I was playing my friend's MIM stratocaster, and a few questions came into my mind. Since I'm quite a noob for technical aspects, I couldn't really identify the neck differences with my Yamaha SG.

The things I noticed is that it felt quite different, and I know the neck scales and shape aren't the same. I also know they differ in terms of wood, and if I didn't get that wrong, the radius on my Yamaha is flatter than on his strat.

However I'd have liked to know how they differ in terms of thickness, shape and so on, I couldn't really find the info by myself. All I know is that it felt different, I really couldn't say what's due to what.

By the way, It felt like the strat was pretty confortable to play too, I'd just like to know what caused the difference really.

Thanks guys .
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
warmoth has some pretty good info on neck profiles. go to www.warmoth.com, scroll over the "Guitar" tab, and down to "Neck Options", and it'll describe a variety of neck differences and options there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?