The chords are C, G, F and AM

Can any one help me out and tell me what scale this is?
can we segregate the forum into the threads like this and actual useful ones?
Amen.

Have a forum called:

"I Don't Know or Care To Know Music Theory, But I'd Sure Like The Answers Without Performing the Work or Earning the Right to Progress Based Upon What I've Invested Into My Own Musical Development, So That I Can Pretend To Play Like I Know What I'm Talking About"

It might need to shortened, Title-Wise...

(Nothing against this particular thread starter, because I don't think he means anything bad by it, but some people here, and we all have seen it want answers without learning.)

Sean
Similar question here. I was playing around with some notes. Liked the sound of a certain group and haven't found a word for it or if it's my own or what. It's root, b2, b3, #4, 5, 6, b7.
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Quote by engineno9
Similar question here. I was playing around with some notes. Liked the sound of a certain group and haven't found a word for it or if it's my own or what. It's root, b2, b3, #4, 5, 6, b7.

It looks like phyrgian with a sharpened fourth and sixth. I dont know if the is an actual name for it, or what, but thats what I think it is.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by engineno9

That's a truncation of a mode of limited transposition (the 7th i believe). If you are genuinely interested in music composed with those sort of scales, and have a strong foundation in tonal harmony, look up Olivier Messiaen.
Quote by GITARdud391
C major. But if you really wanted to could play A minor over that progression too. It contains the same notes as C major but instead of starting on C, you're starting on A.

hmm.. i think it`s because A minor is the relative minor for C major scale, isn`t it ?
Because its in C even if he played that thing he called A Minor, the problem is, that its not A Minor in this context. The Key is C and that's all that he can play over it, even the thing he calls A Minor, isnt A Minor in this context. Its important to know this because you can get really fast and lose with these terms, and fail to understand how names we give scales may change from one application to the next because of the chord's function in the background/key.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Sean0913
Yeah you got 3 different modes that are squished...Phrygian, Lydian and Dorian :P

Honestly I think the same thing Griff is saying, its a very synthetic scale, which can be really cool, like mixing sodas at the fountain (we call them suicides)

Sean

We called that swamp water growing up. And yeah that's pretty much what I assumed. I thought maybe there would be some sort of exotic scale that matched up but the closest I found were still a note off.

By the way, I'm Russ. I emailed you the other day. I've only had a chance to glance at those lessons, I'll be sure to email you back once I take a good look at them.
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
Hey Russ good to see you!

I'm glad that you got to take a look inside at least a little bit. I'm sorry you didnt have a chance to better examine things, but I know how hard it can be to free up time these days!

When you are ready, to take a closer look, let me know.

As far as I know that particular pass expired, and being as we only have a limited number of passes active for people to visit, at any one time, if you were to try and go back, you'd probably notice that it's expired now.

When you do get a chance and can make some time, just email me back and I'll set you up. Right now my earliest opening looks to be Fri-Sat this week. You happened to get me at just the right time, last time you requested!

By the way, cool gear list. One of my students just picked up that Torero...what do you think of it?

Best,

Sean
I cant really say anything bad about it. I traded an Ibby xiphos for it and it's leaps above that. Stays in tune, sounds good, feels nice. I don't need anything else haha.
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby