Hey,

I get really bad amp hum from my 6505+ stack, mainly from my eq and screamer pedal.
I was wondering that if i ran this in the effects loop it would have any difference and help cancel out the hum
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROCKTRON-USA-HUSH-II-300-COMPRESSOR-LIMITER-NOISE-GATE-/130497495539?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Outboards_Effects_MJ&hash=item1e6241c1f3#ht_1066wt_1139
I already run a boss ns-2 in my signal chain which cleans up feed back but when its turned on full i feel it kills some of my sustain which is a problem. I tried a putting another ns-2 in the effects loop however i felt that in terms of killing the amps hum it wasn't as effective as i'd like.

Any suggestions?
i would look into getting a rackmount noise supressor of some sort. I used a rocktron hush super C for awhile and it did the job perfectly. Run the rocktron through the effects loop and run another supressor through the front of your amp and i think it will get rid of most of the hum. If it doesnt you preobably have to change out some tubes.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by iceh88
i would look into getting a rackmount noise supressor of some sort. I used a rocktron hush super C for awhile and it did the job perfectly. Run the rocktron through the effects loop and run another supressor through the front of your amp and i think it will get rid of most of the hum. If it doesnt you preobably have to change out some tubes.

I recently replaced my v1 and v2 pre amp tube, is it possible that any of the other pre-amp tubes could cause this hum?
Would that noise supressor i linked to be sufficient?
isp decimator in the fx loop. problem solved.

just saying, thats exactly what i do with that same amp.

i honestly believe it would be the much better option.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Quote by Katsock
isp decimator in the fx loop. problem solved.

just saying, thats exactly what i do with that same amp.

i honestly believe it would be the much better option.

if you say it cleans it up that much then i would look to checking it out then, is it the pedal you have?

Also what level do you have your eq set to and gain on amp?