I have a classic guitar from '74, it's not full sized, I think it's one size smaller.

A couple of years ago, my little sister made a hole on the side. It got a little bigger over time.
A couple of months ago, I saw that it had a crack on the side. At this point, it started to sound bad, it vibrated, like if you were fretting bad, but worst.
Finally, a couple of weeks ago a friend sat on it, making the hole even bigger, and the top also got damaged (it has a crack).

So I took it to someone who repairs. They told me $75 for repairing the top and side, or $150 for repairing the top, and changing the whole side. I'm not from the US (I'm from Argentina), but to make an idea of prices, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard here its about $750.

My point being, I can get a new one for $75~, the cheapest guitar available.
My question is, apart of the emotional value it has, is the repair worth? What characteristic do I have to look, like, wood, or what to make sure it's worth. I don't mind at all that it's smaller, it's OK for me. It sounded OK to me, but I'm no expert. Also, do aging have the same effect on all guitars?. I'm guessing a repaired guitar is OK (in quality).
I was planning to buy an acoustic guitar, but not now (I don't have the money), and I'm in need of having one guitar to take out (I only have 2 electric guitars).
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
Well it's very unlikely that it'll ever sound the same again as it used to. So your best bet would probably be to just find another one that you like and go with it.
That's really severe damage and would require essentially taking the instrument apart and almost building it again from scratch.
I think I might buy a cheapie and start saving for a decent instrument.

And a guitar stand.... It's hard to sit on a guitar that's on a stand.
Quote by Bikewer
That's really severe damage and would require essentially taking the instrument apart and almost building it again from scratch.
I think I might buy a cheapie and start saving for a decent instrument.

And a guitar stand.... It's hard to sit on a guitar that's on a stand.

Actually it didn't even happend that way. We were at a friends house, and HE placed the guitar on a beanbag, 10 seconds after HE sat on it. I was, WTF, you have just placed the guitar there.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30