So.... my cell phone charger is plugged behind my guitar stand, the wire got caught in it while I was plugging my phone, so my stand went off balance and since I'm stupid and didn't secure my guitar correctly, it went straigt to the floor..!

Now I'm pissed because my 1000$ guitar sounds like crap because of this, I'm scared of trying to do anything since I do not know what would be the problem

Has anything similar happened to you or am I the only one that screwed up horribly?!
Quote by boreamor
Nope because I'm not a dick.
Quote by spanish lovin
then did you just call yourself a PUSSY???

^This = Win
I would imagine thousands of guitarists have dropper their guitar before.
First off just check it over for obvious damage (cracks, splits etc). Beyond that you might have just knocked it out of tune badly.
Re-tune it.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Do you have any idea about what is making it sound bad?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by RU Experienced?
What you really need is a new amp.

Best I've ever seen this used...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29

Best I've ever seen this used...

+1

That post is full of win.

Now just to see if I can fit this in my sig
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
My guitar has risen!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS

Yeah... I'm gonna have to ask you to.... Go ahead and tune your guitar... Thanks.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

Yeah... I'm gonna have to ask you to.... Go ahead and tune your guitar... Thanks.

Probably send him a memo about it... would also need to fill out those TPS reports first

seriously, though, I'm not laughing at the guitar falling, that sucks- I'm always scared stiff I'll knock my guitars over.

I guess you could do what JackalUK said and check it over... if there's not any obvious damage maybe try to retune it. Or just take it to a tech/luthier to be sure there's nothing wrong with it (just in case it's something you haven't spotted yourself).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RU Experienced?
What you really need is a new amp.

Best response ever.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I did tune it, the only obvious damage is a paint chip, i can't see any cracks in the wood.

I'm guessing something inside might be loose or whatnot

And yes, I actually do need a new amp but I'm poort so I can't afford one at the moment.
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
the amp thing was a joke about how all reponses in G G&A tell the threadstarter to get a new amp, regardless of the circumstances

If you have tried tuning it etc. i'd take it to a tech, just in case, as you say, something has gone wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes I know the amp thing is a joke It's just ironic that I do need one :p

and I will also be taking it to a tech as soon as I can because I juste checked to wiring and stuff just to see if something might have been knocked out of place but everything looks right..!

maybe the neck might need to be adjusted or something?!

I just hope it won't cost to much.
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
tune it.

/thread.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I don't understand, your guitar fell, you tuned it but it sounds like "crap"

What exactly does crap sound like? is it buzzing? noisy? quiet? what? is it a set neck, bolt on? How did it land, flat on the front? Did it hit the headstock forst? did it just make contact and you caught it? What is the point of this thread? If you wnt folks to help diagnose what is wrong with it, don't you think it would be good to include more information than "it fell now it sounds like crap"?

My guitars have taken many a tumble and a quick re tune and they were playing great again
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Maybe it sounded like crap before and you just didnt notice it
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Look down the neck, is it straight, bowed, "s" shaped etc?

and finish those TPS reports asap.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by ecvMatt
I don't understand, your guitar fell, you tuned it but it sounds like "crap"

What exactly does crap sound like? is it buzzing? noisy? quiet? what? is it a set neck, bolt on? How did it land, flat on the front? Did it hit the headstock forst? did it just make contact and you caught it? What is the point of this thread? If you wnt folks to help diagnose what is wrong with it, don't you think it would be good to include more information than "it fell now it sounds like crap"?

My guitars have taken many a tumble and a quick re tune and they were playing great again

U mad?!

it fell face first (strings on the floor) I tuned it but whilst tunning with a tuner, the tunner could not really read the notes correctly, example: while tuning the low E string it would read E and then it would go blank then read a random note, all while sounding normal (without being plugged in to the amp)

The once tuned I plug it in the amp and barely get any sound.
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
Quote by shadow_murph
yes I know the amp thing is a joke It's just ironic that I do need one :p

ah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
90% it's your jack port.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by shadow_murph
U mad?!

it fell face first (strings on the floor) I tuned it but whilst tunning with a tuner, the tunner could not really read the notes correctly, example: while tuning the low E string it would read E and then it would go blank then read a random note, all while sounding normal (without being plugged in to the amp)

The once tuned I plug it in the amp and barely get any sound.

My tuners always do that, LOL

If it is really quiet, I'd look at the switch and the jack, was it plugged in when it fell? have you tried switching the pickups when it is plugged in, if so, is there excess static? does the cable still go into the jack properly is it more loose or tight now? if you touch the cable jack while the guitar is plugged in do you hear static, can you move it around and get better sound?

It sounds like you have a short in there somewhere, time to get out the DVOM and a soldering iron and fix that sucker.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by strat0blaster
90% it's your jack port.

and How in the world can I know that's the problem?! I'm guessing the only way is to bring it for repair, wich I will do sometime this week.
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
Quote by ecvMatt
My tuners always do that, LOL

If it is really quiet, I'd look at the switch and the jack, was it plugged in when it fell? have you tried switching the pickups when it is plugged in, if so, is there excess static? does the cable still go into the jack properly is it more loose or tight now? if you touch the cable jack while the guitar is plugged in do you hear static, can you move it around and get better sound?

It sounds like you have a short in there somewhere, time to get out the DVOM and a soldering iron and fix that sucker.

the jack fits in fine, no loose anything, it was not plugged in when it fell, there is no static, I'm guessing a short then, but I'd rather get a tech to do soldering, I've done it on cars before but I'm scared to do it on my guitar!
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win
If it makes barely any sound while plugged into the amp, the pickups or input probably got knocked around. Only thing to do is take it to a shop and find out the damage I guess.
PSN ID: Blade3195
Quote by madbomber233
If it makes barely any sound while plugged into the amp, the pickups or input probably got knocked around. Only thing to do is take it to a shop and find out the damage I guess.

i am 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999 percent sure that this is the truth!?!
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
I've dropped my guitars God knows how many times - my old starterpack guitar has had its electronics re-soldered at least twice now.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
well just came back from the store to get it checked, plugged it in and it worked like new.. so I figured I'll get a new jack and a couple of other things while there, just to realize that coincidentaly my jack was dying so all is good now!

But I still need a new amp
Quote by boreamor
Quote by spanish lovin

^This = Win