Just interested in those guitars so opened a thread.
Any info from actual owners of guitars appreciated. Personaly I'm the most into VB one.
Also is Truckster ( LTD ofc. ) really that better from EC-1000's - that's how I've read on ESP forums.
The thing is that I must sell my Explorer - unfortunately. But I think I'll like some of those guitars even more because of pickups ( I have stock one's which I intended to swap), look and feel, the fret access is definitely be the minus ( it is outstanding on Explorers ). The only thing I'm afraid of that I'll get on really lower quality of guitar because it's not Eclipse. Keep in mind I'm metal rhythm player, my second guitar is not appropriate to be main for any gig I just don't feel it with that one it's more of an emergency guitar.
Should I sell my Explorer or get the cash from somewhere else?
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions!"
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
No, you shouldn't pour beer on your guitar.
Last edited by msoban at Mar 29, 2011,
I have an ec-1000 and I like it. Don't really worry about quality of your guitar, if it cost more than $300 the difference won't be huge. With that said, I picked up me ec-1000 for $350 used with a case, so you may want to look at the used market.
I don't really agree that with quality. My second guitar is around 450€-500€ and it is a huuge difference between that one and my Gibson.
If im going for EC I'm probably getting one new, have some friends at music store.
I'm just interested in the quality can compares to Gibson? Also I assume its tight guitar with that emgs in it.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
i own a LTD ec-1000 VB and in my oppinion its a kick ass guitar honestly , good quality , fast neck , good humbucker pickups for metal if you like some heavy metal sound . dude dont worry about quality , trust me 1000 series are one of the best quality in LTD guitars and remmber that LTD and ESP are same even tho ESP are more quality but expensive , so if your budget between 500-1000$ go for the ec-1000 , i have mine for one year now and im so in love with it lol XD its look sexy and sound awesome.And if you have enough money dont sell ur explorer keep both guitars. and if you need more info dont be shy just ask hope thats help
Quote by metallica4ever7
and remmber that LTD and ESP are same even tho ESP are more quality but expensive ,

LOLWUT?

I mean, the ec1000 i tried was a nice guitar, but exactly the same as an ESP?

Again, I say LOLWUT?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own an '06 amberburst one. I've owned the white one and a vintage black one. The newer ones are kinda cruddy if you ask me. Especially the amberburst. Mixed-match binding, ugly flame top, dumb knobs. The ones I have owned have all been really rad though. I was extremely happy with my VB one. But I don't play brutal shit anymore. It was set up for dropped A# haha.
Great guitars though. I trade a lot and my amberburst EC-1000 is the only guitar I have ever kept. I've had a few les pauls too.
pretty interesting are amberburst and VB very different sounded? I need that brutal sound, about the knobs yes I see the knob is very close to the strings and It's kinda lame cuz if you shred you can easily touch the knob and everything ****s up, but since I don't do lots of that It wont be problem, as I said I am mainly a rhythm machine
So if you compare Explorer and ec-1000... is it worth swapping?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Dave_Mc = yeah the ESP and LTD 1000 series and deluex are quiet the same , unless u wanna pay more money to get ESP cause its build up with diff wood and got the ESP LOGO on the guitar !! i would agree with you if you talk about cheap LTD guitars like 400 series and less , but come on 1000 series and deluex guitars are high quality guitars . Alexi laiho played with LTD , james hetfield played with LTD .

p.s = i didnt saied exactly the same :S to open you eyes dude when you read, i saied they are the same cause the are from the same company and most of esp and ltd guitars looks the same .
you got it little wrong
the wood is the same it's mahogany but the ESP one is dried little differently I've heard the guy from ESP I don't remember exactly it has something special.
Jamz never used LTD it's just his cheaper version signature model, but Alexi played LTD that's for sure!
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by metallica4ever7
what kind of explorer you got ? ESP/LTD or gibson/epiphone ?

Gibson Explorer 76' reissue.
Personally I'm in love with this but I'm in serious lack of cash so I gotta say goodbye to this love or get that money on hard way.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by msoban
pretty interesting are amberburst and VB very different sounded? I need that brutal sound, about the knobs yes I see the knob is very close to the strings and It's kinda lame cuz if you shred you can easily touch the knob and everything ****s up, but since I don't do lots of that It wont be problem, as I said I am mainly a rhythm machine
So if you compare Explorer and ec-1000... is it worth swapping?

A Gibson Explorer??
I don't know man, that's an odd swap. I'd keep an explorer.

But the only difference between the VB and Amberburst are the pickups. I imagine they would sound very similar with the same pickups. I bet that finish does something to the sound though.

Quote by metallica4ever7
Dave_Mc = yeah the ESP and LTD 1000 series and deluex are quiet the same , unless u wanna pay more money to get ESP cause its build up with diff wood and got the ESP LOGO on the guitar !! i would agree with you if you talk about cheap LTD guitars like 400 series and less , but come on 1000 series and deluex guitars are high quality guitars . Alexi laiho played with LTD , james hetfield played with LTD .

p.s = i didnt saied exactly the same :S to open you eyes dude when you read, i saied they are the same cause the are from the same company and most of esp and ltd guitars looks the same .

Grammar plz. Lolwut?
msoban = james played on LTD guitar , i have seen a vid of him play LTD guitar EC series and it was dark purple colour , if i found the vid i will post the link on here im sure 100% i seen him playin live with LTD logo on his guitar not esp
Yup 76' reissue, If werent in that dilemma soon getting some EMG upgrade. Stock pickups are fine, nothing special more of amount of gain or power of pickups is the deal that they're not clean as emgs ( talking bout that mudd ). Otherwise Explorer blows

yeah the top makes the difference I assume its brighter. You wouldn't swap then.?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
keep your explorer, buy some pickups if you want, but explorers are AWESOME metal rhythym guitars, so are les pauls but either are awesome IMO.

the only thing is that ive heard really high acess on the ec-1000s arent great, like 21-24.

id say upgrade you gibby explorer, then try to find a deal on a used ec-1000, that way you have 2 awesome guitars
ok keeping explorer, now planning where to get the cash it's gonna be hard way to keep this babe
@metallica4ever7 the only ltd's are LTD EC-400 AT, ESP LTD F300FM, and those first Vipers with green flame. Trust me I know. Buyed Explorer cuz of Metallica
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt
I'd keep the explorer and toss some nice pickups in that bitch. Foreal.

just curious EMGs/ Blackouts?
I'm pretty sure which one to get just curious.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
throw like BKPs in there or something, that would set you back about 300-350$ i think for both.

then a used ec-1000 can be had for 400-500$ i think too. (prices around me for used gear are hgiher cuz the market is smaller )

if you must have actives, go with emgs, they sound pretty good, but imo any good passive will kill actives, even for high gain
Last edited by Seanthesheep at Mar 29, 2011,
It's not the trick in gain... I don't know why everyone keeps going on gain in the end its piece of bees and mudd
I like EMG because of that clear non-mudd chunk, that 'oumph' it makes when u palm mute... + they're quiet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBWmzEObxTU
that is EMG.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by metallica4ever7
well here is another LTD's that james using live dude , so dont say james never used LTD
http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/ec400at.html
http://www.freewebs.com/montyjay/ltdf300fm.html

read before write please.... + vipers if you actually missed my post.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Quote by msoban
read before write please.... + vipers if you actually missed my post.

but i thought u saied he never used one before , how come u poseted he used ec-400 , FM and viper now ? or u remmber that he used ones before
he probably never picked up that ec-400 again, these are really rare samples and not in common use. Jamz uses lots of guitars... but these ltds are realy a needle in the hay.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
msoban - dude it dont worth complaining about what james used i saied that he used an LTD before cause i saw it , and u saied he never did , thats why i post the pics . so just let stop this thing now , and i agree keep your explorer guitar and get EMG humbukers for it , and im also looking forward to get epiphone korina explorer soon cause i dont have enough money for gibson explorer need to get new amp too
im actually thinking of getting an explorer too, either the dethklok one, or a normal gibby one and replacing the pickups in it. theyd both be the same price i think. and i hate dethklok too
i can describe you the explorer if you want....
But I really dislike all that EX, and all those crappy sharp style explorer-fake.
The real Explorer is the ESP custom one or Gibsons, meaby Edward has a good one too but that's all.

Don't get Korina it just sucks. Buy Ltd's EX, higher the model better will be. or meaby the one with natural finish they're nice for EX shape...
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Last edited by msoban at Mar 29, 2011,
I have the VB one and got it for $450 with a case. I chose that color cause I wanted the Ebony Fretboard. I don't like EMGs so thats the only downside to this guitar to me, but thats easily changed. So yeah, great guitars but I disagree with the quality being up there with ESP. They are amazing quality especially for price, but there is a reason why the ESP is more. Id still go with the EC1000 though cause it fits me very well and didn't cost much at all.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
After long thinking still not swtiching my gibson for any trouble I have.
I believe they're good deal but If I would get a guitar would get new one.
Why not EMGs not fitting your style?
My friend has EMGs on PRS Singlecut SE and now the guitar blasts
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
I still can not believe that people are buying LTD deluxe series new. I mean:
- for that price you can probably score an ESP second hand
- ugly abalone
- LTD 400 series are same quality, cheaper, and have no ugly abalone.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I'd keep the gibby explorer. I love my LTD to death but if I were you I'd save up some money and swap out the pickups. I have only tested the Seymour Duncan Blackouts once and I preferred them to the EMG 81/60 combo that is in the EC-1000.

How about selling your backup guitar and putting the money toward a EC-1000?

Also, where do all of you guys live that got such amazing deals on a EC-1000?! I've never seen one for less than $600.
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Quote by VishNuRoXoUt

Grammar plz. Lolwut?

+1

the esp is made in japan, to much higher quality.

They're not exactly the same, and you're not *only* paying for the ESP label. Jeez.

EDIT: yeah you pretty much said they're exactly the same, except they're not. LOLWUT?

And looking exactly the same and being from the same company means jack shit. Heck an EC50 looks pretty close to an ESP eclipse and is from the same company, does that mean it's the same?

o_O

Quote by LP_CL
I still can not believe that people are buying LTD deluxe series new. I mean:
- for that price you can probably score an ESP second hand
- ugly abalone
- LTD 400 series are same quality, cheaper, and have no ugly abalone.

+1

Not a fan of the abalone-everywhere approach.

I generally prefer to go new, but as you say, the 400s are similar and a lot less cash if you want to go down that route (plus look nicer, though that's subjective, of course).

I mean LTD/ESP prices are different in different places, but normally here in the UK a genuine ESP is only slightly more than a LTD 1000 series.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Mar 30, 2011,
I'm keeping Gibby and getting EMGs soon. About my backup guitar it looks like MTM2 just with one pickup. Dunno If going to sell it I'll see.
I hope I'll manage to get the needed amount of money in time.

Deluxe models looks nice, definitely not in the range of ESP why would it be so cheaper then.
They're not made in Japan, they have little different equip. ( like tuners, bridge etc. Deluxe have TonePro so that's still good) same Mahogany but it's dried in different way.
That's all!
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
The Eclipse is better than the EC 401 but not 1000 dollars better, which is what I commonly see.

Also, the EC-1000 and the 401 aren't the same quality and I find the 1000 is usually a better deal because they can be had used for the same price.

For an Eclipse you pay for better wood, some minor improvements in hardware but mostly you're paying for Japanese labour as opposed to Chinese or Korean.
Japanese are badass Now that we will have radioactive ESP nice okay hard humor I know
Quote by Kalo Hanaka