So my Mexican Fender Strat has developed a problem... The input is really loose, but I cant seem to figure out whats wrong. The nut on the outside is tight as can be, and when I unscrewed the input and looked at the inside, everything seemed fine, nothing was loose or broken, etc.

But whenever I stand up with the guitar plugged in, the cable just falls right out of the guitar. I have to play sitting down all the time.... Sucks. I've used different cables and they all just fall out. Anyone experienced this before or have any ideas? Thanks.
PSN ID: Blade3195
When you take the input out of the guitar, there should be the ring that the cable goes in and a longer arm that reaches up from the hole. If you pull out the input and then plug your cable in youl see that the arm should fit with the end of the cable. You may be able to bend that arm in so itl fit better, if not the input jack is a simple replacement

http://skyturtle.com/images/stereo-phone-jack.jpg

In this image, the arm is labeled as tip
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Last edited by HowToFly at Mar 29, 2011,
That's what I would do man, either that or replace the jack. Personally, I would replace the jack since I do that kinda stuff.
Quote by HowToFly
When you take the input out of the guitar, there should be the ring that the cable goes in and a longer arm that reaches up from the hole. If you pull out the input and then plug your cable in youl see that the arm should fit with the end of the cable. You may be able to bend that arm in so itl fit better, if not the input jack is a simple replacement

http://skyturtle.com/images/stereo-phone-jack.jpg

In this image, the arm is labeled as tip

I can see that the tip isnt fitting into the cable, and thats why it falls out. I dont think I'll be able to fix it myself, since the thing wont bend... Not sure how the hell it got that way, since it was fine until recently. Thanks for the help!

Edit: F*CK I just broke it. Looks like a new input was needed anyway.
PSN ID: Blade3195
Last edited by madbomber233 at Mar 29, 2011,
it is easy, get a soldering iron, a new input, and attach the red wire to where it was on the old input, and the black to where the black was on the old input, or whatever the color scheme maybe
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
You do realise there is a nut on the inside also?
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.