FS: Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 (Series 2) head - $900 + shipping - US

My great condition Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 Series 2 head is for sale. $900 + shipping. Paypal accepted. Specs below. Footswitch and cable, slip cover, and manual included. Hi-Res pictures at http://www.miraclemaxmusic.com/images/mesa_for_sale/. No tears or even visible wear except a minor 3-inch long scratch on the top back corner, in the tolex. It has JJ power tubes which really brings a new dynamic to the sound. I will take the tubes out and individually label, wrap & box them.

UPS Ground shipping with insurance to the continental US will be $40-$100 depending on your distance from Seattle. I'm in Seattle so the closer you are the less it should cost. You could also pick it up in Seattle.

From Mesa Boogie product page :

-Handbuilt in Petaluma, California

-50 Watts, Class A/B Power / 2x6L6, 5x12AX7

-Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)

-Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance

-2 Channels, 5 Modes (Channel 1=Clean or Pushed, Channel 2=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)

-Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence and Master Controls per Channel

-Output Level Control (over all channels)

-Footswitchable Solo Level Control - Patent 6,724,897

-Parallel FX Loop w/Mix Control

-Slave Out

-2 Button Footswitch (Channel & Solo)

-Slip Cover
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Sorry dude, would, but it's super overpriced. Esp. for a series 2.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
What do you think is a fair price? In Seattle locally, these are selling for $1000 OBO.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

"Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it."
Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Quote by rawkandrowl
What do you think is a fair price? In Seattle locally, these are selling for $1000 OBO.

Try to sell it at a local shop, then go by that price. Depending on where you are in Seattle, you could get a good price estimate from American Music.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Try to sell it at a local shop, then go by that price. Depending on where you are in Seattle, you could get a good price estimate from American Music.

To clarify for everyone -- I came up with $900 after watching Craigslist and EBay for used Single Recs the last couple weeks and factoring in that this Mesa is in like new condition with only the one scratch, is from a non-smoking home, has JJ power tubes, and has all included accessories. I believe its a reasonable and fair price since it is what the used market is supporting even without the great condition and JJ power tubes.

Thanks for the feedback!
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
Quote by strat0blaster

This isn't necessarily true. If you try to sell it to a shop, you have to take into consideration that the shop will, in turn, also try to sell the amp to make a profit.

You might get an offer of $550, maybe $600 from a shop, when in reality they would turn around and sell it for around $850 or $900.

P.s. Would totally love to take that off your hands- wish I could find the cash for it.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
Quote by cgolden
This isn't necessarily true. If you try to sell it to a shop, you have to take into consideration that the shop will, in turn, also try to sell the amp to make a profit.

You might get an offer of $550, maybe $600 from a shop, when in reality they would turn around and sell it for around $850 or $900.

P.s. Would totally love to take that off your hands- wish I could find the cash for it.

Oh no doubt - I just meant it as a good jumping off point.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Guitar Center by me is selling a really nice one for $799.99 used. So if you want to sell yours quickly and with no haggling/bargaining, I'd say $750 would be a good price. Just sayin'.

I've seen the ebay prices too, and imagine they only go up that high because so many people want them in the sub-800 range and push the price up for that one unlucky jackass c-list has them for 800-900 and I haven't seen one sell in the past few months.
Quote by rawkandrowl
My great condition Mesa Single Rectifier Solo 50 Series 2 head is for sale. $900 + shipping. Paypal accepted. Specs below. Footswitch and cable, slip cover, and manual included. Hi-Res pictures at http://www.miraclemaxmusic.com/images/mesa_for_sale/. No tears or even visible wear except a minor 3-inch long scratch on the top back corner, in the tolex. It has JJ power tubes which really brings a new dynamic to the sound. I will take the tubes out and individually label, wrap & box them.

UPS Ground shipping with insurance to the continental US will be $40-$100 depending on your distance from Seattle. I'm in Seattle so the closer you are the less it should cost. You could also pick it up in Seattle.

From Mesa Boogie product page :

-Handbuilt in Petaluma, California

-50 Watts, Class A/B Power / 2x6L6, 5x12AX7

-Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)

-Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance

-2 Channels, 5 Modes (Channel 1=Clean or Pushed, Channel 2=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)

-Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence and Master Controls per Channel

-Output Level Control (over all channels)

-Footswitchable Solo Level Control - Patent 6,724,897

-Parallel FX Loop w/Mix Control

-Slave Out

-2 Button Footswitch (Channel & Solo)

-Slip Cover

I see these selling on Kijiji for 800-1000$ on average. so I think OP's price is fair. If I had the cash I would make an offer but I'm saving my money up for a new computer.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
The Guitar Centers around the DC area are selling a few new ones for $900. I'd say a fair price would be $850-900 if it's in really good condition.
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
I've seen single rec's in the Seattle CL for $700 to $900. Whether they're selling or not, I don't know, but there's a two channel Dual on there for $1200 and a 3 channel Dual for $1000. I'd get the Dual (two channel) in that price range. I've also been seeing Dual (3 channel) and Triples for $900 to $1300 lately.

A fair price (if you wanna sell it fast) is probably around $650 to $750 local or $700 to $800 shipped. More if you can stand to wait for a buyer. No one wants a single for that much when they can pay a couple hundred more for a dual/triple.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went back and searched the Used Gear section of Guitar Center online for these and there are two out there that come up one for $900 and one for $1000. I also searched back through this very guitar forum and found them posted ranging from $800 to $1000 and one in the UK that was for $1300. I understand its a different story in the UK so that's not an apples to apples comparison.

Bottom line I'll consider any reasonable offer.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
By the way, I strongly encourage everyone to check out the hi-res pictures I posted so you can see that this amp is in very good, like new condition.
www.miraclemaxmusic.com

Jello Biafra

(so is it dead?)
wow you guys are D-bags....Who cares what you think a fair price is? Why dont you PM him an offer?

You cant compare "shop" or trade in value to private sale.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by jnukes2
I've seen single rec's in the Seattle CL for $700 to $900. Whether they're selling or not, I don't know, but there's a two channel Dual on there for $1200 and a 3 channel Dual for $1000. I'd get the Dual (two channel) in that price range. I've also been seeing Dual (3 channel) and Triples for $900 to $1300 lately.

A fair price (if you wanna sell it fast) is probably around $650 to $750 local or $700 to $800 shipped. More if you can stand to wait for a buyer. No one wants a single for that much when they can pay a couple hundred more for a dual/triple.

Actually Many people including myself would prefer a Single to a dual or triple.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Your price is fair.
Series 2 singles are less desirable in tone to series 1s though, but series 2s are also less noisy than a series 1 but its an easy fix.
Either way great amp and Id imagine on ebay this would sell quickly maybe not for 900 though prices have went down on these there averaging between $600-800.
Free bump for a killer amp!
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Just trying to help the guy make a quick sale - not hatin' on him at all. I'd love his amp but my budget for a head and cab is $800