Hey, I'm looking for an audio interface to record onto my computer with. Guitar, bass, keys and vocals; recording songs and making some backing tracks to play along with.
I'm looking at the PreSonus Audiobox USB, the E-MU 0404 USB 2.0 and the Focusrite Saffire 6 USB.
Would these be good choices? Anything else I should have a look at in this price range?
Cheers
Last edited by Das Turnip at Mar 29, 2011,
The Focusrite has officially taken my vote for best starter interface. I've heard nothing but good things and I actually plan on dumping my Mbox for a Saffire PRO 40 in the near future (Still going to use Pro Tools though :p).
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I love my Focusrite Sapphire. I own other interfaces but the Focusrite wins hands down.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
The Audiobox and Saffire 6 are the best interfaces in that price range I'd say.

Not sure about the EMU, but either of the other two would be a good buy.
get the audiobox.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Thanks for the replies guys! I'm leaning more towards the Focusrite Saffire 6 now.
I've also read some reviews saying that the PreSonus AudioBox's preamps can be too hot and that the E-MU 0404's drivers can sometimes be a pain. All Saffire 6 reviews I've found are positive and your replies reflect that.
I plan on using Reaper as my DAW and downloading amp sims, drum patterns, MIDI sounds etc. from the internet; Would this be the best way to do this?
Last edited by Das Turnip at Mar 30, 2011,
I don't know much about these things, all I know is that my Steinberg CI2 and Cubase AI 5 is really easy to use, and the sound (with Amplitube - VST plugin) gives me an excellent sound. But again, I'm new to recording, and my "excellent" sound is probably not even close to good, compared to other interfaces.