Hey, my name is Zach. I'm a longtime UG member, occasional forum dweller, and guitarist for the band Acrasia (Link in my sig). In addition to this however, I've started a music-review blog, with the goal of helping unsigned artists get their music reviewed on the internet. So, here's the link:

***Link Removed***

Named after an Acrasia song. I'm primarily interested in reviewing musicians/bands who could be classified into one of these genres: Progressive Metal, Death Metal, Djent, Progressive Rock, Technical Death Metal, Post Metal, and Post Rock, but I'm pretty open to anything. On the blog, if you click on my profile, you can see a list of my favorite bands, which may give you an idea as to whether or

I plan to be as fair as possible with my reviews, and intend to mostly review the music, not the production quality. That being said, if there are things in the production which get heavily in the way of the music, they will be mentioned.

So, what do you need to do in order to get reviewed? It's pretty simple, just fill out the following form:

1. Name of group (or single musician)
2. Genre
3. Bands you might be compared to
4. Length of recording (Please note that I really don't want to review any albums shorter than 20 minutes. No single-songs, unless they meet that time requirement. This also lets me plan whether or not I have time to do one release in a night, or more, etc).
5. A link to your music. I'd prefer Bandcamp above all else, please NO MYSPACE.

If you have any questions, let me know. I plan on doing between 3-5 reviews a week (Monday-Sunday).

Thank you!
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Last edited by silhouettica at Mar 30, 2011,
Just an update guys, review for the album An Image of Solitude by Desiderium is up!
Acrasia

Wings Denied
Huh. Dude, I know one of your bandmates.

But anyway.

1. Siberian Blood Tiger
2. Instrumental Orchestral Techno Rock (call it what you will, I'm not actually sure what it fits into)
3. I honestly don't know...
4. Just over 20 minutes
5. http://soundcloud.com/rickyhopper/sets/polypolarity-suite/

It releases on April 11 (should be on iTunes then), so if you could hold off posting the review until about then, that'd be good.
Quote by -Blue-
Huh. Dude, I know one of your bandmates.

But anyway.

1. Siberian Blood Tiger
2. Instrumental Orchestral Techno Rock (call it what you will, I'm not actually sure what it fits into)
3. I honestly don't know...
4. Just over 20 minutes
5. http://soundcloud.com/rickyhopper/sets/polypolarity-suite/

It releases on April 11 (should be on iTunes then), so if you could hold off posting the review until about then, that'd be good.

Got it! I'll start the review tomorrow, and I'll put it up within 2 days of the 11th (If you'd like it earlier, as sort of a pre-cursor to the album, then I can do that as well).
Acrasia

Wings Denied