Poll: Do you/Have you ever recieved or sent text messages while driving?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you/Have you ever recieved or sent text messages while driving?
Yes
179 48%
No
196 52%
Voters: 375.
Page 1 of 4
Just doing a survey for a class, hopefully this might get me some decent results.
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
ITS ILLEGAL I DON'T DO ILLEGAL THINGS!

I also don't have my drivers license...
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr
ITS ILLEGAL I DON'T DO ILLEGAL THINGS!

I also don't have my drivers license...

I'm not a cop nor care if you do anything illegal if that cheers you up.
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
Quote by descara
Shouldn't "received" be "read"?

But, no, I don't drive, so.

Yeah, my mistake but you get the idea.
I read them but I don't respond, I'd only respond when I'm stopped. Reading a text isn't really any different to reading off a sat nav.

I did try and programme my sat nav once when driving, which is similar to texting... I mounted the curb and popped a front tyre. Never again
I have, but I don't text with any regularity, let alone text and drive.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I'm driving right now.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
When I'm driving and I see people texting I run them off the road. It's great fun.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I read them but I don't respond, I'd only respond when I'm stopped. Reading a text isn't really any different to reading off a sat nav.

I did try and programme my sat nav once when driving, which is similar to texting... I mounted the curb and popped a front tyre. Never again

Well I am doing this for an uncoming speech I have on texting while driving, I will also add the navigation system point that you just told me though just to give off a neutral view on the subject rather than showing signs of bias.

Quote by Tom 1.0
I'm driving right now.

Godspeed son.
Ive done it, its stupid. almost $300 ticket. I have done it when driving around with my learners before i got my lisence.. Dumb. think a total of $500 in tickets there.
When I die, want you to dress me in straght laced shoes
A box back coat and a Stetson hat;
Yeah all the time, no big deal in my opinion.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Only at stop lights, and only if it's one specific person. I don't/can't text while driving. Although i have dictated texts to my phone 1 or twice... Android phones are just cool like that.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
It's stupid, and I can't even count the amount of people who've almost hit me or I've seen almost hit someone else because they're screwing around on their phone.

Answer to your survey is no, though.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by JamieB
Yeah all the time, no big deal in my opinion.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
If you do you are an irresponsible idiot and you don't deserve a goddamn license.

Do not care if you do or not, just trying to provide a fair simple survey and expecting a fair simple answer.

But just to add some humor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XKbL4Km4hE
@00:15 is how my tone of voice is
Last edited by spanishyanez at Mar 29, 2011,
Quote by The Madcap
Surprised at this thread. Where I live, it's hard not to find someone who texts and drives.

Houston is a big city, lot of people on the roads therefore the ratio is on a more massive scale. In a smaller area that I am from, it's once every few cars.
I shouldn't but I do, hell I do it while trying to read my gps with the radio blaring away. If a bomb went off outside my car I wouldn't hear it.
Quote by spanishyanez
Houston is a big city, lot of people on the roads therefore the ratio is on a more massive scale. In a smaller area that I am from, it's once every few cars.
Well, I actually live in a city called Katy. It's a suburb city some 40 miles from Houston and is considered part of the "greater Houston area," so I tell people I'm from Houston as it's much more recognizable and I'm in town at least once a week anyways. But the traffic in my city is nothing compared to Houston traffic, which is why when I am there, I don't take freeways and take low-traffic smaller roads everywhere.

Quote by The Madcap
Well, I actually live in a city called Katy. It's a suburb city some 40 miles from Houston and is considered part of the "greater Houston area," so I tell people I'm from Houston as it's much more recognizable and I'm in town at least once a week anyways. But the traffic in my city is nothing compared to Houston traffic, which is why when I am there, I don't take freeways and take low-traffic smaller roads everywhere.

I was from the Village, but that was wayyyy back in the day.
Last edited by spanishyanez at Mar 29, 2011,
No, and it's interesting you mention it because a van driver almost ran me over on a pedestrian crossing today because he was texting. If you text while driving I hope you crash into something inanimate that causes you and your vehicle significant physical harm. Either pull over to text or wait till you've finished your journey but don't be a selfish dick and needlessly endanger the safety of others.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
lol no i dnt txt whn i drive i go to ug on my ph..

████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
It's stupid. A girl here died not too long ago whilst she was texting and driving here, big deal really. I didn't like her at all, I also lost any respect I did have for her, when I heard she died when she was texting (Whilst driving, without a seatbelt on), crossed a double yellow line straight into another car, almost killed the other driver.

Case and point, my friends do it, I don't and never will.
Quote by aids0109
ive seen a cop do it once and he got sacked for law breaking

But...Cops have freaking laptops in their computers.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
I think it's something that should be frowned upon, but I don't think it's as bad as say drunk driving or anything.

I know girls that seriously don't even need to look at their phone to send a text. Maybe one quick glance to make sure it's all good. I find it more distracting looking for a CD to listen to while driving. It's probably foolish to text while driving on a freeway or something, but at a stoplight it's not a big deal.
Well yeah I've received them, but not viewed them

Sending them would be disastrous, do people do that? Maybe if you're stuck in queue it's acceptable.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mr-Mufflers69
But...Cops have freaking laptops in their computers.

Wow, I want that too
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by Gammas1
Wow, I want that too

WOW that was a fail on my part. I meant cops have laptops in their cars so texting doesn't seem like it would be a big dealer breaker for them.

Anyway I do it on the highway and at stopping points. On the Highway I always keep a huge distance anyway and its only a matter of keeping the car straight which is easy.
THIS IS A PART OF MY SIG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AS A PART OF MY POST YOU ARE DUMB BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THIS LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY POST BECAUSE IT IS HUGE.
I'll read them, won't write them. If it's three in the morning on an empty section of interstate, I don't really see the harm, but I get really irritated with most of the people texting in the middle of active driving. I've narrowly avoided a few accidents with the morons, and seen phone-holding people run into stuff on several occasions.
Page 1 of 4