Hey guys, been playing for over 2 and a half years and for the last few months I've been listening to a crazy band called sylosis and learning there songs. Some of the stuff is very hard and my biggest problem is my picking hand/wrist.

There's riff which are possible to downpick and I can't do it without stressing my hand too much and same with some crazy fast alternate picking involving a mix of triplets and down picked notes.

As I said I can't seem to play them without feeling muscle tension in my wrist on song in particular is reflections through fire. Been working on this particular technique for quite some time and I feel it hasn't developed!

Any help???
Step 1. Go slow
Step 2. Keep going slow until you can play it cleanly and comfortably.
Step 3. Speed it up a little.
Repeat steps 1 through 3.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
You need to have your hand, wrist and your arm completely relaxed. Doing some warming before getting to the hard stuff will help. Also, try not to grip the pick like you're trying to choke the sh*it out of it - this will easily bring tension overall.

It takes practice to be able to be relaxed while playing tight, and as strat0blaster said, you'll need to start slow and build up the speed in small increments. Only go faster when you're 100% comfortable playing at a certain tempo. A metronome is your essential friend here.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
One way to improve your picking is to just focus on up picking for a few weeks. Up picking is usually the weakest part of most guitarists picking. When you improve it, it makes your picking faster.

For a few weeks I will set time each day just to focus on up picking. After those weeks are over my up and down picking have improved!
Quote by Dan Acheron
One way to improve your picking is to just focus on up picking for a few weeks. Up picking is usually the weakest part of most guitarists picking. When you improve it, it makes your picking faster.

For a few weeks I will set time each day just to focus on up picking. After those weeks are over my up and down picking have improved!

As for the up picking, I think it's a good idea. My tremelo picking is pretty solid can beat out a fast pace without tension but when going crazy fast I can feel it building up!