Page 1 of 2
Imagine if you were in some freak accident and you lost ALL 5 of your senses, (hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste) and the ability to talk and move. You're still alive, just paralyzed and you lost your senses and speaking ability.

And since you can't move you can't commit suicide and nobody can kill you even if you wanted them to since you can't tell them to. That is my biggest fear in life.

EDIT - It's funny how I had no idea the song One by Metallica was about this. Stop making jokes about One, and saying I got the idea from it. I had no idea.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Mar 29, 2011,
*space reserved*

joke incoming, in an hour or two.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Mar 29, 2011,
damn..

You scared me TS ..
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
That's why you put in your will whether to unplug or not.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by sashki
Worse than that is keeping your senses, but being unable to move and speak, and being left to die at the side of the road after your accident.

At least you die at the end
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
it is possible, to just stop breathing and die out of choice, theoretically.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by CoreysMonster
Wasn't there a movie about that, and didn't Metallica write a song about it?

Yeah I think the whole album St. Anger was inspired by people with no sense of hearing, taste, sight touch, smell or balance.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Vendetta16

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU----

Beaten to it.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
LANDMINE!
Taken my sight!
Taken my speech!
Taken my hearing!
Taken my arms!
Taken my legs!
Taken my soul!
Left me with life in hell!

Quote by Silver-spear94

really impossible to voluntarily stop breathing long enough to die. your body will force you to breath
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I think the whole album St. Anger was inspired by people with no sense of hearing, taste, sight touch, smell or balance.

OT: That would be horrible, but that's why usually someone pulls the plug.
We've actually done this (reversible, of course), using something called a

Eventually, your brain starts making up sensory input, despite not having any. You'd start hallucinating things. You would not be in a floating black abyss forever.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Yup it sucks. This is my biggest fear too. I read a book written by a guy who wrote it one letter at a time by blinking an eye (He had his senses just couldn't move). This really is million times worst though.
Quote by Jostry
Imagine if you were in some freak accident and you lost ALL 5 of your senses, (hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste) and the ability to talk and move. You're still alive, just paralyzed and you lost your senses and speaking ability.

And since you can't move you can't commit suicide and nobody can kill you even if you wanted them to since you can't tell them to. That is my biggest fear in life.

Do NOT watch Johnny Got His Gun. That's basically what happens - he's lost his sight, his hearing, his ability to speak, and all of his limbs on the last day of WWI. He can only tap out "kill me" in morse code by banging his head on the pillow. The only ones who can understand him refuse to do it.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by Kensai
Yeah I think the whole album St. Anger was inspired by people with no sense of hearing

Wasn't it written/recorded/performed by these people?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Well, I guess I'd just lie there.....
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Oh TS! I loved how you put three periods in the thread title, to build up the suspense, and make it seem like this is would be very exciting! Alas, a disappointment. Obviously you got this idea by watching the One video. For your answer; I refer to PlayMadness' reply.

Quote by NielsWho
Oh TS! I loved how you put three periods in the thread title, to build up the suspense, and make it seem like this is would be very exciting! Alas, a disappointment. Obviously you got this idea by watching the One video. For your answer; I refer to PlayMadness' reply.

You know if you hover over the thread title in The Pit it shows you a preview of the post?
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

total locked-in syndrome has the same sense of lack of communication. and it's always misdiagnosed to be brain-dead, which is frightening to watch.
Quote by JamieB
You know if you hover over the thread title in The Pit it shows you a preview of the post?

Aye, just have a bit of a pissed-off demeanor at the moment. My bad TS, mea culpa.

I read Johnny Got His Gun. Depressing as shit. The film is on Netflix instant streaming.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by due 07
3/10

Not scary.

Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Saw thread, pulled plug.
Every poster on here is a 6-foot Catholic schoolgirl with an 8-inch penis and riches beyond my wildest dreams.
Imagine if your penis was chopped off to a nub.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
If you lose feeling, does that mean you can't feel pain? It sounds like just like a regular sleeping experience in my opinion.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by sloppyjoe24
If you lose feeling, does that mean you can't feel pain? It sounds like just like a regular sleeping experience in my opinion.

But you're conscious.
This is my idea of what hell is like.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
you're forgetting your other sense; thermoception,proprioception, nociception, equilibrioception and kinesthesioception
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
you're forgetting your other sense; thermoception,proprioception, nociception, equilibrioception and kinesthesioception

*space reserved for inception joke*
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Silver-spear94

You MIGHT be able to control your breath until you pass out, assuming that your lungs were still under your conscious control. Even after you lose consciousness you'd start breathing normally again, just like how you breathe when you sleep.

Me and my dad once had a conversation about this, if either one of us was ever in a vegetative state, we wouldn't want to be kept on life support, so hopefully he remembers if this situation ever arises
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Page 1 of 2