Sup all,
I'm looking for a 4x12 cab to use in my deathcore band; i was looking at the Bugera and the Peavey Valveking cabs (that sort of pricerange), are any of those two any good, or are there better ones for the money? I hear randall do a similar cab for the same price range?

My amp is a boosted peavey classic 30 with 16 ohms output )
1) Patience is a virtue. You can't expect answers after just 7 minutes of waiting man. :p
2) Both of those cabs aren't really worth throwing money at; if you want an inferior 4x12 cab because you don't have the money to buy a proper one you'll be keeping, it's a much better idea to look for a used 2x12 with proper construction and speakers.
3) Can the Peavey Classic 30 play deathcore!?

There's not that much of a difference between a 4x12 and a 2x12 apart from looks and price anyway. 4x12 are tad more boomy and spread the sound better, but 2x12's are a tad tighter afaik.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
save up another couple hundred and look for a used marshall cab with vintage 30's or the marshall version of the vintage 30.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-1960A-or-1960B-300W-4x12-Guitar-Extension-Cabinet-100011693-i1177436.gc

a cabinet is basically just a box that holds speakers, certain companys have different/better designs, made of different wood and different construction ect. the speakers are what mostly matters.

obviously an extended mesa cab is going to sound better than an MG cab, but put your vintage 30's in the MG cab and you'll have a workable sound.

the valveking speakers are pretty low end. idk about the cabinets but ive owned a 2x12 combo and the speakers were pretty lifeless.

tl;dr: Get nice speakers in w.e cabinet you pick. celestion vintage 30's or the G12T-75 is typically a good place to start. Marshall, Mesa and Vader are top quality cabs. you can probably find one used for your budget
(signature removed, please choose another)
Sorry guys, it's been a while since i made a thread, i'm a little out of touch :P yeah a 4x12 is preferred, thats what our other guitarist uses, i like the fullness of the 4x12 (Y) i can't really afford to spend more than £300, and yeah it can with this cool boost pedal i made and a 4x12 (i have borrowed one from another band at one of our gigs and it sounded huge :d)
Holy halibut batman! I would recommend grabbing a different amp first man. PV Classic 30s, no matter how boosted, will ever sound very good.

If you have to, have to, have to use a Classic 30, plug it into a good 2X12 as everyone is saying. It will sound 3x better
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Yeah I'm happy to go used, I live in the UK but not too sure on the best place to find used gear?
eBay, gumtree, UG. simples.

Take a look at the Harley Benton with V30s.

As far as I know they make a 4x12 version for around (don't quote me) £250
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Look hard enough and for £300 you can quite easily get an Orange 2x12 which will shit all over the HB 4x12.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

2x12 is your best bet. don't worry about looking cool or something. i used to be in a deathcore band and our other guitarist wanted to look cool so he spent a ton of money on a crappy full stack. i just bought a mesa 2x12. in the end, he only brought one of his crappy cabs to shows and since we were mic'ed the volume didn't matter (even though my 2x12 was just as loud, just wanted to point that out for the 2x12 haters :P ) and my setup sounded wayyyy better.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by flashmdg
Is there anybody out there???? :S:S

Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
And get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.

(solo)

O. K.
Just a little pin prick.
There'll be no more *AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!*
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe its working. Good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.

(couldn't resist)
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anyone at home?
Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down.
Well I can ease your pain
And get you on your feet again.
Relax.
I need some information first.
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.

(solo)

O. K.
Just a little pin prick.
There'll be no more *AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!*
But you may feel a little sick.
Can you stand up?
I do believe its working. Good.
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go.

When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is gone.

(couldn't resist)

I was considering it but i'm not regular enough to get away with it
haha i was thinking that when i posted that ^^ and cheers for ya help everyone!
If you only have 300 quid, look for a used Marshall 1960 or Framus 412. Especially the former is easy enough to find in the UK. They usually come with G12Ts, while the Framus comes with G12Vs. Either should work for you.

Don't buy a shitty big cab just because it's big. It's still shitty. Buy a good cab.