Hey, I've been playing guitar for a good, 5 years now and become fairly well rounded in it. I play a lot of punk/rock/easycore, as well as in my church's worship band.

I play with a PRS Singlecut SE, and a Fender Telecaster. I currently use a boss metalcore, a boss chorus and equalizer, and a boss overdrive (temporary).

Im using a line 6 spider II 75 watt right now and REALLY need to upgrade. I want a tube amp, but am not sure what best suits my style. I'm also looking for the BEST bang for my buck, preferably under $1,000.

HELP ME PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!
I've never heard of 'easycore'. What is that?

There are lots of amps in that budget range that can do what you want. Check your craigslist. Give my your closest city and I'll check for you too (assuming you are in the States).

Jet Cities would work but they are not my favorite.
I just grabbed a Peavey 6505+ 112 sixty watt combo.

This is a very nice two channel tube amp with five pre amp tubes and two 6L6 power tubes. It has pre/post knobs for both channels and eq's independently for each channel. It has a crunch button and presence and resonance controls for each channel.

It is a high gain amp.

This amp is capable of cranking out some awesome sounds including LONG sustain.

I can see being able to enhance my playing style with this amp.

It is nothing like my other tube amps and I have a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and a Peavey
Delta Blues, along with a few other smaller ones like the Fender SCXD which is a good all around tube amp that has some models and effects built in - not your typical hybrid modelling amp - more like an all tube amp. I have a Crate Palomino V32 212 with Celestion Seventy80's in it and this is a great amp.

For under one thousand you should be able to find a nice Marshall head, then just hook it up to a speaker in your current amp until you can afford a cab for it.

Take your time and look around. Amps show up that are very nice. Don't just jump on the first tube amp you find. There are some great new and used tube amp deals out there. No rush. Just bide your time and the right one will make itself known if you keep working hard looking for one. Good music stores usually have some decent tube amps laying around used. Sometimes they close out great tube amps that have been sitting around too long, taking up space. You can get some good deals asking questions about what they have that they want to get rid of.

Beware of tube amps that claim to do everything. Don't be afraid to have to get a few pedals to go along with a great amp. Bring a good amp sniffing dog, I mean friend, along with you on your hunt. But make your own decisions based upon your own ears and gut feelings. You'll know what the right one is when you find it.

Hope this helps you in your quest.
"Walk along the river, sweet lulla by, it just keeps on flowing,
It don't worry 'bout where it's going, no, no..."
Allman Brothers Band
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Its like "Four year strong", "Me VS Hero", "Chunk, No Captain Chunk". Almost metal sounding, but very little screaming, lots of double bass, and very positive, lighthearted lyrics.
Thanks guys! I preferably don't want a combo because i gig a good little bit. Also, im in the Charlotte, NC area for those who know anyone thats selling around there. Thanks for the help so far, and hoping for some more to come!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

There are lots of amps in that budget range that can do what you want. Check your craigslist. Give my your closest city and I'll check for you too (assuming you are in the States).

Jet Cities would work but they are not my favorite.

retarded name for the "hardcore pop punk" bands like Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals. Do not want.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Mar 30, 2011,
Buy an AC30

Ok maybe not for what you play, but maybe?
I dunno, I always suggest AC30s. I've got one and I love it. But I do mostly Classic Rock, early metal (Sabbath etc.), Folk, Southern Rock and such.
Quote by phoenix_crush
retarded name for the "hardcore pop punk" bands like Four Year Strong and Set Your Goals.

Easycore is just faster and easier to say.