hey guys im looking to buy a new guitar in the 200-300 price range , i play mostly 80s metal and im not quite sure what to buy and im looking for suggestions anything will be welcome .

thank you
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
get that guitar. I have it and its great. i did replace the bridge pup with a suitably 80s SuperDistortion (i have the natural finish). The only weak part on this guitar (IMO) are the tuners, which feel quite cheap and slip out of tune often even when you use the locking string technique. However, these are quite easy to swap out. overall a great buy. I would strongly recommend the passive pup version, as I played my friend's RG321 with the actives and I was less than impressed.
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!
Seeing as your amp has much more influence on tone than your guitar, I would suggest that you swap the MG for a new amp, possibly a Fender Mustang or Peavey Vypyr.
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
Take a look at this: http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/JS32RT-Dinky-Electric-Guitar.site1prod584379.product
I have the Jackson JS32 Rhoads model (its $350, just a bit above your price range) And its great for the price. I did have to set it up for it to play well, but now, it plays nearly as good as my Ibanez S420 (and required less setup). As for the Ibanez suggested above, my friend has that guitar and its not near as good as my Jackson. But others here seem to like it, so maybe he just got a dud
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
It's a bit of a toss up. I would suggest the Jackson JS series guitars. I have a JS32 Rhoads and it honestly, is not that bad of a guitar. i enjoy playing it.
But theres also nothing wrong with an Ibanez. I personally don't like them. My hands don't agree with the feel, but go try one. I have a few friends who swear by their Ibanez's.

P.S. May i ask, what is your current guitar?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/features/js_series/
Last edited by DKDinky at Mar 30, 2011,
Second hand Jackson RR3 maybe?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by DKDinky
It's a bit of a toss up. I would suggest the Jackson JS series guitars. I have a JS32 Rhoads and it honestly, is not that bad of a guitar. i enjoy playing it.
But theres also nothing wrong with an Ibanez. I personally don't like them. My hands don't agree with the feel, but go try one. I have a few friends who swear by their Ibanez's.

P.S. May i ask, what is your current guitar?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/features/js_series/

my current guitars are a epiphone SG the bridge pickup craped out and a old sammick telecaster thats ruff to play

ty for all your inputs
oh yeah and im getting a pod x3 with this new guitar aswell if thats means anything