I'm looking into a new head. I play mainly metalcore, deathcore, and 80's metal. I'll be playing through a mesa 2x12. Which amp will most fit my style? There are some XXX's used on Craigslist in my area. My budget is about $650 and I'm buying used. Any help is appreciated.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
Those amps will all fit your style, my only complaints with the 6262 and 5150 is the lack of cleans.
I can't try before I buy either. The shops in my area don't carry Bugera amps. I can try a 6505+, which is the rebranded 5150 II, but I can't try a Bugera. The cheapest amps of the bunch seem to be either Bugera or a used peavey XXX in my area.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
Quote by Ghold125
Those amps will all fit your style, my only complaints with the 6262 and 5150 is the lack of cleans.

The clean channel on the 6262 is actually good.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Did you not have a similar thread just yesterday?
I'll put the same response then.

Let me put it this way. I have an Ultra 120, which is basically the same amp as the XXX.
I also have a 6505.
I play the same music.
I like the ultra, not only for it's versatility and great clean channel. But I like the Ultra's tone more than my 6505's tone when it comes to deathcore stuff.
XXX>6505. Even for hardcore/metal.

And why get a Bugera when you can get the real thing?
I had a similar thread. But It wasn't the same. I was debating about buying a cheap XXX.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
I'd graba cheap XXX / 3120. I want one, but can't find one in my area. Next best thing I've found is the Jet City - which isn't quite as heavy but sounds quite nice.
A couple weeks ago I tried out the 6262 and the 6505+, and I liked the 6262 slightly better because of its clean tone. I'd take the 333XL over either one, but that's a personal preference and I'm probably in the minority there. I haven't tried the XXX, but I doubt you could go wrong with that amp based on the demos and clips I've heard.

If you're strictly buying used, stay away from Bugera. Their early production runs had a lot of problems, and though these are straightened out now you probably don't want to risk getting one of those models.

Can you contact one of the Craigslist sellers and try out their XXX? I've never bought from Craigslist before, so I'm not sure how amnable people are to that sort of deal.
i like the 6262 better than the 5150 II but a lot would disagree. the 6262 has better cleans IMO and the distortion channel on both is good. the 333xl and XXX is more versetile but wont be as brutal as the 6262 and 5150 but they are still very much high gain monsters. in all honesty it comes down to how much versetility you need and personal preference. also if you prefer new equipment over used the bugera will do well for you. but the peavey has better build quality. honestly you wont go wrong with any of the amps if you match it with your personal taste.
My vote goes for the 333xl as well. Its th better amp out of those. Thought keep in mind is very smooth sounding which may or not be what you are looking for. That is one thing however that makes it awesome for big chords and leads. It also has the best cleans out of that list.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Out of curiosity, why are you looking at heads that cost less than your 2x12?

The 212 was used for $385.
Gear

Schecter C-1+

LTD MH-350NT

Line 6 Valve 212 MkII
Quote by Levi79
Did you not have a similar thread just yesterday?
I'll put the same response then.

Let me put it this way. I have an Ultra 120, which is basically the same amp as the XXX.
I also have a 6505.
I play the same music.
I like the ultra, not only for it's versatility and great clean channel. But I like the Ultra's tone more than my 6505's tone when it comes to deathcore stuff.
XXX>6505. Even for hardcore/metal.

And why get a Bugera when you can get the real thing?

I have an Ultra 60, and I vouch for this guy.
I also recommend an Ultra/XXX/3120 to you. It strikes me as the best to cover your specific needs.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X