So I got some new gear.. Did some trading. Traded the Savage for some goodies

And...

AXE-FX

Sorry the pics are so terrible.. My girlfriend has the camera and all I have is my phone.

Its freakin' sweet.. I loved the tone of my savage.. but it was lacking. If I could afford a 2-3 head setup, I would have kept the savage for the huge sound. The AXE was horrible when I first got it. I got a "decent" sound from it after messing with it for 2 hours. I thought I made a mistake.. After playing with it for a couple more days, I am getting much better sounds out of it. It's definitely awesome.

So far, running it with the Mesa 2:90 I like the tone better out of the Vader 2x12 than the Mesa 4x12. There is so much shit to tweak though it's insane. The Vader just never breaks up and seems to color the tone less.

CLIPZ:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mespinos/music/play975136

EDIT: I wish I had a bass... would make the clip much better.
/rig
Last edited by mespinos at Mar 29, 2011,
Hpfasafd!
Someday i will own one of those
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
im jelly
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by stratman_13
Clever title is clever

HNAD!

+1

Your cat is also awesome.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

HNAD!

You traded your amp for a cat? Best trade ever imo
Twitter

LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)
Schecter Damien-FR
Crate Flexwave 120W

INDECISIVE AMP FUND: $500/$
Quote by stratman_13
Clever title is clever

HNAD!

thanks!

Quote by Eppicurt
Hpfasafd!
Someday i will own one of those

Quote by SimplyBen
+1

Your cat is also EVIL.

Quote by sethp
can you demo the Hendrix-Patch?

edit: "meow"

MEOW!

Heres the "Voodoo" preset it came with..
disclaimer 1: I don't play this type of music
disclaimer 2: I only have humbuckers
disclaimer 3: in d standard.. no clue what tuning its supposed to be in nor if its right
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4233820/voodoo.mp3

I didn't mess with it at all.. you can tweak everything to get it closer to whatever you'd want.
/rig
Quote by pto654
HNAD!

You traded your amp for a cat? Best trade ever imo

YES!!
/rig
Cool beans. I'd probably get too distracted messin with all the setting and never actually get around to playing it if I had one
HNAD!
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Oh, god I want an axe fx so bad. Too bad I'd have to wait a few decades before I could get it...

HNAD!!
Check out my band! Blues mixed with Indie/Alternative from the UK.
Badlands UK
Quote by coolstoryangus
but can it play crysis?

Wins thread.

HN1010101010D
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by coolstoryangus
but can it play crysis?

yarpp

hngd dudeee, not my kinda thing but still sweet
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Sweet man. Tone's just about there from what I heard from the clip. I'm still a tube purist, but I would rock an Axe for sure
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
I am kicking myself. There was an Axe FX Ultra at the Matamp factory (never thought that would happen) in the testing room and I didn't ask to try it out. Curse my manners!

This is fantastic. I hope you stick with it and it serves you well. From all the clips and comments I've heard, it's not really my type of thing, but I do love to tweak.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HNAXEFXD!

Clips sound awesome man. Pretty orgasmic.

thanks!

Quote by coolstoryangus
but can it play crysis?

See later post about stereo amp

Quote by kylendm
Wins thread.

HN1010101010D

1000010111011110010011!!

Quote by DroptuneD
Sweet man. Tone's just about there from what I heard from the clip. I'm still a tube purist, but I would rock an Axe for sure

I love tubes too.. Versatility is another story. To get 5 differently voiced high gain rhythm sounds out of 1 high end head is not very likely though. Even with voicing switches, the amps main character is still there. A savage with a TS808 and the depth switch on still sounds like a less brutal savage with no TS808 and depth off.

Tube tone is hard to beat, and I have not been able to beat my savage's tone live with the Axe yet.. Trying to get closer.

Quote by AngryGoldfish
I am kicking myself. There was an Axe FX Ultra at the Matamp factory (never thought that would happen) in the testing room and I didn't ask to try it out. Curse my manners!

This is fantastic. I hope you stick with it and it serves you well. From all the clips and comments I've heard, it's not really my type of thing, but I do love to tweak.

That's not the first place I would expect an Ultra to be, lol. And thanks!

Quote by GS LEAD 5
Definitely Crysis 2.......1? You'll need a stereo amp.

Oh wait, he has one.

I WANT AN AXE SO BAD. DIE.

HNAD!
^Happy New Axe Day.

^^ Crysis 2 on high
/rig
awesome amp, didnt like the hendrix clip though

and crysis 2 is awesome lol
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Quote by mespinos
I love tubes too.. Versatility is another story. To get 5 differently voiced high gain rhythm sounds out of 1 high end head is not very likely though. Even with voicing switches, the amps main character is still there. A savage with a TS808 and the depth switch on still sounds like a less brutal savage with no TS808 and depth off.
There is something about the depth of a valve amp that just cannot be beaten. It's like the difference between using a Celestion Gold 1x12 with your 50 watt Soldano and two Sunn 6x12's with K100 speakers.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
There is something about the depth of a valve amp that just cannot be beaten. It's like the difference between using a Celestion Gold 1x12 with your 50 watt Soldano and two Sunn 6x12's with K100 speakers.

I agree

There's a trade off of what you can do with the Axe though. I messed with the 2:90 poweramp some more tonight and got more "tube punch". I'm thinking about retubing it to get a better sound too.

Alone, my rhythm stuff does not sound nearly as good as the valve amps I've had in the past. In the mix, it sounds MUCH closer.
/rig